Ssense - deal or no deal?

I have bought and returned an item there no problem. But yes, their prices are higher than elsewhere, even than in-store Canadian shops like Holt Renfrew. I hate when stores mark up their prices.

I've ordered from Ssense (but only during their sales, when prices are super low)... their shipping is fast & I love them.
I don't purchase regular season (so don't find their prices off putting), and also since I only buy their super sale things, have never been able to return... so have no experience in that department.

I'm in the U.S.

Selected items on ssense are currently 30-50% off (actually have been since Black Friday) and there's a bag I'm eyeing but I was wondering if anyone knows if ssense usually has a Boxing Day sale on top of the current sale? Or if promotional codes will be given out for use on Boxing Day?

Because I'm worried the item will be sold out if I wait but I would hate it if I buy it now and then it goes on sale a few days later. They do not do price adjustments ...

Many thanks!!

Hello Rikko_8,

There will be no direct "Boxing Day" promotional discount and/or increased markdowns.

However, we just added many more styles to the Fall 12 sale this morning, therefore the bag you want should not be affected since it's already on sale. We simply added more styles.

Thank you for shopping with us.

Best,

SSENSE

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to get your opinion.

I've purchased a purse from sense.com and they've mailed me the item without a dust bag. I've emailed them, contacted them through their website, and after a week of no followup, I decided to call them. The cs rep then told me that the bag originally came from the manufacturer (Givenchy) that way and they do not have any extras at the moment. They are basically saying that it's not their fault, it's Givenchy.

I have many other purses (Givenchy and others) and none of them had came without a dust bag, especially when it's a brand new item! What should I do? :sad:

Ssense seems to be really slow with responding to emails. I've contacted them about an item and it took a week for them to respond just to say they've received my inquiry and someone will respond shortly...followup never came.

I've received several bags and shoes from various stores without dustbags and it has never really bothered me. Sometimes the dustbags are misplaced or the designer just forgets to send them. Maybe try contacting Givenchy directly to see if they could send you one?

Yeah, I would send a message to Givenchy and request a dust bag. Share whatever relevant info with the company about your purchase from ssense as possible. That way, you lessen their concern that you are simply looking to get a dustbag for free or to resell. You will be surprised how many companies try to accommodate customers. I can immediately think of Saks, Burberry and Christopher Kon, in my personal experience.

I know its a pain and a half, but it may be worth a try :smile:

So I purchased two bags from them (I'm in US, they are in Canada) and I am returning one of them. On the return instructions they explicitly ask that you use USPS for returns and get a tracking number and insurance. They prefer USPS because there's a chance that with UPS you'll wind up liable for customs/brokerage fees, which they may deduct off your return amount. HOWEVER USPS does not actually offer a full tracking number, just delivery confirmation or tracking until the package hits customs; and for packages to Canada the max you can insure is for $675, not the full amount of my $1200 PS11 i'm returning. Yet when I called ssense they said if I used UPS they couldnt gurantee that there wouldnt be some charges they'd incur which theyd pass on to me. And they don't have any sense of how much it might cost...

So basically I either take my chances with an underinsured package, knowing I wont have extra costs deducted from my return, or I might have more money taken later, but with UPS and better shipping. Ugh. Either way I'm not happy and I don't think I'll be shopping from them again. I would like my return fees to be predictable, even if I have to eat the $40 cost of shipping or so. Fingers crossed that the package arrives in one piece.

So I purchased two bags from them (I'm in US, they are in Canada) and I am returning one of them. On the return instructions they explicitly ask that you use USPS for returns and get a tracking number and insurance. They prefer USPS because there's a chance that with UPS you'll wind up liable for customs/brokerage fees, which they may deduct off your return amount. HOWEVER USPS does not actually offer a full tracking number, just delivery confirmation or tracking until the package hits customs; and for packages to Canada the max you can insure is for $675, not the full amount of my $1200 PS11 i'm returning. Yet when I called ssense they said if I used UPS they couldnt gurantee that there wouldnt be some charges they'd incur which theyd pass on to me. And they don't have any sense of how much it might cost...

So basically I either take my chances with an underinsured package, knowing I wont have extra costs deducted from my return, or I might have more money taken later, but with UPS and better shipping. Ugh. Either way I'm not happy and I don't think I'll be shopping from them again. I would like my return fees to be predictable, even if I have to eat the $40 cost of shipping or so. Fingers crossed that the package arrives in one piece.
Hmmm.... I can't remember the details, but I did return a bag to them last summer and I didn't have any issues with the return. I hate waiting in line at the PO, so I'm pretty sure I used USPS.com and generated the label at home. Knowing me, I don't think I paid for insurance either. In any case, the turnaround was about two weeks maybe? I think as long as you use USPS Express you'll be ok, because the tracking continues with the Canadian post, as far as I know.

I also returned something there via USPS last year and was unnerved by lack of tracking info. But, it all worked out. They received the item in a about 10 days and were relatively quick in refunding. So, try not to worry! (easier said than done)

Hmmm.... I can't remember the details, but I did return a bag to them last summer and I didn't have any issues with the return. I hate waiting in line at the PO, so I'm pretty sure I used USPS.com and generated the label at home. Knowing me, I don't think I paid for insurance either. In any case, the turnaround was about two weeks maybe? I think as long as you use USPS Express you'll be ok, because the tracking continues with the Canadian post, as far as I know.

thanks for your thoughts and trying to put my mind at ease... i was just annoyed that the whole thing with them wanting to use usps and me getting tracking and insurance, doesnt actually provide the kind of assurance that i would like... i just prefer to use ups i guess - especially because i can send it from my work then instead of getting in line at the PO. :smile:

I am irate at this company for a similar issue. I just paid $43 to return $250 of merchandise. In order to have tracking and insurance, I had to use express mail and it is very costly. I called to complain and they said I don't need tracking or insurance, that is just for my protection. Of course it is. That's the whole point. If I don't insure it and it gets lost, I am out $250. I asked for a return label and they refused. I will never shop with this site again. If I had any idea how difficult and expensive it would be to return, I would have never placed the order. I also spent 45 minutes at the post office filling out the forms and trying to determine the best way to ship it. What a total waste of time and money. Honestly, if you think you may need to return an item, never shop with this site if you are in the US. It is just too much of a hassle and very expensive.

OP, I wish you the best with your return. I just bit the bullet and spent the extra money because I needed the peace of mind of the insurance and tracking.

If this company wants loyal US customers, they need to offer prepaid return labels.

I am irate at this company for a similar issue. I just paid $43 to return $250 of merchandise. In order to have tracking and insurance, I had to use express mail and it is very costly. I called to complain and they said I don't need tracking or insurance, that is just for my protection. Of course it is. That's the whole point. If I don't insure it and it gets lost, I am out $250. I asked for a return label and they refused. I will never shop with this site again. If I had any idea how difficult and expensive it would be to return, I would have never placed the order. I also spent 45 minutes at the post office filling out the forms and trying to determine the best way to ship it. What a total waste of time and money. Honestly, if you think you may need to return an item, never shop with this site if you are in the US. It is just too much of a hassle and very expensive.

OP, I wish you the best with your return. I just bit the bullet and spent the extra money because I needed the peace of mind of the insurance and tracking.

If this company wants loyal US customers, they need to offer prepaid return labels.

yeah. took me forever to fill out the PO forms. i couldnt even do express mail that offered more security because my package was too heavy. so yeah. i will not be shopping with them again, unless i know it's an item i wont return.

yeah. took me forever to fill out the PO forms. i couldnt even do express mail that offered more security because my package was too heavy. so yeah. i will not be shopping with them again, unless i know it's an item i wont return.

Good luck! I wish their site was more informative about the return process. I expected a return label or at least some way to ship in a reasonable and expeditious manner. This is one of the most frustrating return experiences I have ever had and I will not buy from this site ever again! Also, they were not at all interested in helping me with my complaint. I would have hoped to have been offered some credit on my shipping, but just nothing. Poor customer service IMO.