Ssense horrible experience

sushicrave

Mar 26, 2019
I have been a loyal Ssense customer for over a year now. I have never experienced anything bad from them until now that I want to let other shoppers be aware before shopping from them. So on June 5 I ordered the Gucci Horsebit 1955 bag in a red color from their site cause I found the price is cheaper than Gucci store. It cost 2500$ before tax. On June 12 I received it, when I opened the package. I was shocked to see all they sent me was a dustbag with a bag inside. No cards or tag from Gucci or Ssense. I was really disappointed and felt like they just sent me a floor sample so I put it back to the box and shipped it back to them right away. I also went on the Live support chat to let them know the situation and the chat person said sometimes ssense just sells whatever the supplier gives them. I have screenshoted the chat.The bag arrived to their warehouse on June 25 and usually it only took them 5 business days to process the refund but no I waited and waited until today I have no update on the bag at all. I tried to email them and all they said was blaming the lack of staff and promise that I will receive my refund soon. So yesterday I got really frustrated, I gave them a call and first they checked my order and said they have not receive it then I told them the tracking said it was delivered on June 25, they then put me on hold and came back saying they delay the refund because there is a scratch on the bag??? And there is no cards and ssense tag with the bag. I was like wtff??? They blames these control deficiencies onto the customers when it is suppose to be their own responsibilities. They sent me a defected bag and now it is my fault? They then passed it on some return expert to look into it. I want to put this post to let you all know to be careful when ordering from them. It may be cheaper than the retail price but you really have to watch out. Now I don't know what to do and when they gonna process my refund? Should I initiate the chargeback with my credit card company? I will never shop at Ssense again in the future.

more photos to follow

more photos to follow

more photos to follow

Reactions: HiromiT

HiromiT

Jun 20, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
That’s horrible customer service. I’m really sorry about your experience. You should tell them that unless they refund you ASAP, you will initiate a chargeback and see if that will light a fire under their pants. If they still refuse to issue a refund, then go ahead with the chargeback.

I had a similiar experience with a Moncler coat that I bought last year. It was priced at $500 less than other retailers. I suspect Ssense reversed two digits in the price, so I ordered it of course. Well, as soon as I opened the package, I knew something was wrong.

1) The Moncler tags were handtied to the zipper pull. I own a few other Moncler coats and the tags are always affixed in such a way that you have to cut the cotton cord before you can wear the coat. These were obviously cut by someone else and tied manually.

2) The plastic triangular Moncler logo tag was missing. Only the paper tags were included.

3) Worse of all, I found a package of Air Canada headphones in one of the pockets! They were unopened but I was disgusted to discover that this jacket had obviously been USED/WORN and returned. By a customer? By an employee? WTF.

If this happened during covid times, I would have thrown that jacket into the garbage and done a chargeback.

But I decided to keep the jacket and laundered it right away. Good thing down coats are machine washable.

So yeah, buyer beware. If you find a deal on ssense that isn’t available elsewhere, it might be defective, a return/used item, or a display model.

I clearly forgot about this incident because I recently got some sneakers on sale from them but they turned out fine. LOL

Anyway, I wish you luck and hope they do the right thing and give you a refund! Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: opensesame

sushicrave

Mar 26, 2019
Update: I finally received my refund after many phone calls and messages with them. It surely is a battle .

melisande

O.G.
Jan 20, 2006
This is sad to read. I've ordered a lot from this company and always had good service.