ssense.com customs/duties question

AestHetiC

I <3 Rain
O.G.
May 23, 2006
I did a search but didn't find an answer so I was wondering if i could get an answer from you lovely tpfers!

I wanted to order a pair of acne shoes from their site but was wondering if i'd be bombarded with customs/duties since i live in los angeles and they use ups to ship their items.

If anyone in the USA has experience ordering from that site and could leave me an answer, i'd really appreciate it!

TIA

Ms.Thurston

Jan 6, 2008
Downtown LA
I have ordered from ssense two times and have never been charged any fees beyond the cost of the items as represented on the website.

One word of caution though, the first time I ordered from their site, I ended up having my credit card number stolen two weeks later by someone in Canada...I cannot prove that it was as a result of shopping at ssense (I do a lot of online shopping), however I thought it was a little suspicious. I have ordered from them one time after that and everything was fine, so who knows! So just to be safe, make sure you order with a credit card that has good fraud protection.

AestHetiC

I <3 Rain
O.G.
May 23, 2006
thanks ms. thurston!!!

I went ahead and ordered the acne shoes i've been eyeing since they pricematched for me!

PinkLady85

Aug 16, 2009
Does anyone have any experience in returns with them? I'm in the US and I'm wondering what the return shipping / time for return took? Also did you get any other fees, etc? Thanks!

AestHetiC

I <3 Rain
O.G.
May 23, 2006
Does anyone have any experience in returns with them? I'm in the US and I'm wondering what the return shipping / time for return took? Also did you get any other fees, etc? Thanks!
I'm not sure how the experience with their returns are, but i'll let you know IF for some reason I end up having to return my purchase. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have to deal with a return though.

As for fees since my purchase was over $200 I got free shipping and there was no tax so i just paid the originally given price. Although they are a little slow with customer service, unresponsive to emails once in a while and have to be called and bugged for an immediate response, other than that they seem great so far.