SS watch rusting??

aerinha

Feb 26, 2012
USA
My long fave watch a Citizans Eco drive chronograph is discoloring around the diamonds. First time I saw the pinkish color on one section I thought it was soap but it didn't wipe off. Kept an eye on it and for awhile nothing changed. Recently on vacation I noticed of the 6 areas with stones, 5 are now showing pinkish spots. I do not wear it while showering or in the pool. It gets hand washing splash and that is it. Rest of watch is fine just the area around diamonds. Tried to get a pic. Any idea why it is happening or how to fix?

Attachments

shopoholica

Aug 5, 2014
My long fave watch a Citizans Eco drive chronograph is discoloring around the diamonds. First time I saw the pinkish color on one section I thought it was soap but it didn't wipe off. Kept an eye on it and for awhile nothing changed. Recently on vacation I noticed of the 6 areas with stones, 5 are now showing pinkish spots. I do not wear it while showering or in the pool. It gets hand washing splash and that is it. Rest of watch is fine just the area around diamonds. Tried to get a pic. Any idea why it is happening or how to fix?
The same thing happened to my Citizen's watch a few years back...I put the watch in jewelry cleaner and looked new. Maybe try putting your watch in jewelry cleaner first to see if it makes a difference? I don't really know what's going on with your watch, but if I were to guess, it would be this: For the areas with the diamonds on your watch, the company didn't plate the metal with anti-oxidizing agents, so it's probably oxidizing now and that is what's causing discoloration. If you clean it again and don't see any difference, I would bring the watch back to Citizen's and ask them for professional input.