SS 10 Order Rumination Thread

I just received an e-mail from Maria about my order. One of the bags I ordered is a mini-Emilia in tinted wine leather with gold splashed raspberry suede lining. Maria informed me that the tannery is out of the gold splashed raspberry suede. Boo Hoo! :crybaby:

Does anybody have suggestions for alternate suede linings that would go well with tinted wine?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I used lilac cloth with my tinted wine so I wonder if lilac suede would be equally nice, cltw? Pink suede is pretty as well. SK had a pic of quite a few suedes available in one of the latest threads. Maybe take a look at it and see if anything catches your eye?

ETA: Go back to post 517, there are pics of the suede linings there. I like pink or light grey best personally or possibly lilac suede if it's in stock. HTH!

thanks everybody for the suggestions :smile:

i was disappointed about the gold splashed raspberry not being available but it looks like there are some other pretty choices

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH (in a good way!)

So! I got swatches from Maria yesterday and thinking about...

...adding *cough* a few more to my order...

(oh BTW, I'm keeping the grey bag...going to dye it LOL)

She sent me this GLORIOUS peachy-pink that reminded me of the Sahara Gold leather (yanno, with the miniscule lighter colored veining). Along with the black w/silver sheepskin and the faux croc (I do have swatches of the new purple, silvery-grey and new lipstick pink if anyone needs them).

If I have time (haha) I'll post a photo of the peachy-pink, but in the meantime...

What the heck should I do with them?

For those who have Silvery-Grey ( TL ;) ), the peachy-pink is the same feel (thickness, softness). I'm thinking Virginia? Or maybe a mini-O?

I'm still debating on the faux croc... I really like it, but, generally dislike most embossed animal prints. Should I go big (Virginia) or small (Luisa)? Or just ignore it since I dislike embossed stuff like that...

For the Black with silver...hands down, Josie (or should I do a Josie Max?)...although...I do like my mini-E...maybe go up to a full sized E?

All with Blurple lining (well, maybe not the faux croc if I go with it... *shrug*). All solid colors, no mixing this time round...

Help! Ideas? :biggrin: Call me crazy? ;)

Irainei, I ordered the nude croc in the Virginia, and I hope to have preview pics soon. Once I get the pictures, I can post them if you're interested in seeing the combination. I am generally not a big fan of faux croc/reptile either, but I really liked the color of the nude croc and it seemed as though it would hold up well over time.

I'd love to see a picture of the peachy-pink color leather if you have time to post it. Not that I need any more bags. :smile:

^^ Thanks! Please do post it...Although, isn't the veining on the nude croc thinner than the deep pink? I dunno... I'll still have to ponder it.

Anywho, here's the peachy-pink swatch...the close up shows the veining, the second photo is more color accurate (although neither one is completely accurate). This swatch looks like it has a light sheen to it when you hold it in certain light:

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

The nude croc doesn't seem to have much veining in it. I really needed another neutral colored bag, which was another reason I went for the nude croc. As soon as Maria sends preview pics to me, I will post them for you.

Thanks for posting the pictures of the peachy-pink leather...it looks really pretty and makes it very tempting to order another bag.

cltw - What suede did you decide on? I liked the idea of pink or Gey my self. There was also a burgandy available, so you might want pics of that w the TW, to see if they would compliment each other.

I - Redying!!?! :faint: You are one brave woman!!
I think that peachy pink is a leather Maria sent me pics of when she was looking for distressed leathers for me. I believe the texture and finish is similar to Burnt Orange. W a leather that soft, I'm thinking maybe a less structured style would suit it more than a Virginia. Or maybe some light reinforcment added to it, like TL's and my Vintage Camel Virginia's? I of course love Mini O's so a lightly reinforced Mini O would be beautiful as well. For the Black w Silver, I def recomend the Josie Max size! It is a great size and really comfy to carry. And then you can mix the braid, w Mirror Silver! If you're having doubts about the embossed croc I'd say skip it. I also generally don't like embossing, but do agree that that one is tempting!
Oh.. and if you get a chance can you post up pics of the Silver w Black?

cltw - What suede did you decide on? I liked the idea of pink or Gey my self. There was also a burgandy available, so you might want pics of that w the TW, to see if they would compliment each other.

After looking at a lot of pictures, I decided to go with the beige suede lining. Although I like pink, grey, and lilac, I just wasn't confident that I'd love how those suedes would look against the tinted wine. The beige looked like a nice neutral. In Maria's e-mails to me, she mentioned that all of the splashed suedes were out of stock, I wonder if/when they will get more back in stock.

Thanks I!!

If Ignes start customization again ...this is on the list! I'm really wish I had gotten a couple more large cosmetic bags. My ILG is getting a work out, it's so perfect for traveling!