SS 10 Order Rumination Thread

Shessica - I'm not sure if they could do chain and braided, it'd be a first, so Maria will have to get that answer from Ignacio. If you're looking for a Grey, I think the Pearlized Grey would suit a Josie. It's quite neutral, so you could add a pop of color in the braid, or keep in neutral by adding a metallic or black. You asked in the other thread if I could take pics of the Pearlized Grey & Pearlized Charcoal together. I actually don't have the Pearlized Charcoal, sorry!

TL - Nice! The only thing I would say is the Blue Shine is so, so, so soft and thin, and I think that's a big part of what makes it special, I'm not adding any reinforcements to take advantage of that!

I'm a little afraid that if I don't add a little reinforcement my Mini C will be nothing more than a puddle which I don't necessarily like because it's hard to find your stuff then! I want it to seriously slouch though. I may ask Maria to instruct them to only use whatever reinforcement 'materials' they use on the Mini Emilia. I want major slouch but not puddle.

I'm also waffling on the yellow bag. I'm not in love with yellow cream. Seems a bit too Crayola yellow to me. I am so fussy about yellow it's going to be hard to find the right one. I am wondering about a red Mini Emilia if yellow doesn't work out. What reds are nice for Mini E? I searched for rouge and bold red, they both look nice but I couldn't figure out their texture. I know cherry red was soft but not sure if that's OOS. I don't want anything too close to tinted wine.

I hate when I'm indecisive. It's hard to choose. Plus being mindful of budget! I feel pressured since they're cutting out customizations and I want to be sure to order a couple of Mini Emilias so I can get them w/o the outside zipper and studs moved like I like.

Thanks SK and everyone...I'm narrowing it down even more..and thinking about perhaps getting something else..more to follow.

I'll be chatting with Maria either today or Monday but we've been communicating via email.

I'm still debating about style(s).

If Maria can modify the Chiara so there is no dangling bits or the cinching pull (IDKY but I'm not a fan of that either in the Sofia or this bag) and the ties around the bag are stitched I may go with that rather than a Gabby. The rolled shoulder strap on the Gabby is a bit uncomfortable for me and the flat strap on the Mini C doesn't dig into my shoulder (FWIW my DD fell in love with the mini-Gabby..another Ignesistah in the making?) I am going to look at the library and perhaps ask some questions of you all. I value everyone's input.

So..

A) style...choices..for now
1)Chiara or Mini Chiara (probably mini) or
2)Gabby..or Mini Gabby("")

AND/OR.....It depends on what is going on with Uncle Sam..da man..and tuition increases but perhaps

3) Possibly a Louisa for DD (?)

4)Possibly something else small...maybe a Louisa for me..

Lining..

1)No suede..I realize that as much as I love it it makes the bag a bit too heavy for me to use for more than an hour or two at best..plus..for my ROAK bag I don't want the ROAK angel to pay for the extra..PLUS..it's more practical for me.

2)Thinking of purple..for a POP! It will satisfy my love of purple without limiting my use of the bag. But it depends on what color leather I choose.

c) Hardware: Silver..no problem with that because I prefer shiney finish and it's neutral

3) Now comes the difficult part. My skin tone, eye and hair color don't lend itself to cool colors.

a)So I think that the Pearlized Grey might not be for me...too cool toned..(here's where a swatch might help me..)

b)Still pondering black 109 (is there a "blacker" black"?) with cracked black trim..depends on the bag

c)Blue shine sounds gorgeous but I will probably worship it more than use it..maybe for something small..Louisa????

d)Smoked Tan..Oak..Cognac (Cognac seems to be the same color as my hair or close to it..I know..it's a classic but this IS my first new Ignes)...Vintage Camel...Bronzey Chocolate (I have too many brown/tan bags though..it also depends how metallic or blingey Bronzey Chocolate is).

e)English Green..if it isn't too blue this is in the running for ROAK bag..I'm a sucker for the right dark green..but I might go with a turquoise lining with this rather than purple

f)Light Olive (?)

g) Surprise..maybe a Louisa in Very Pale Pink..I still can't get that pastel out of my mind..but it depends on the color...I wonder how it would look with Rose Dust from last Spring if there is any left...

more to think about..

4)Still pondering..

a) Adding feet to the bags that don't have them..(Gabby..mini..Chiara..mini)...

b) Paying for an extra strap in a different length..for whichever one I order...

c) Decided against adding studs..to Gabby/M. Gabby...for now.

e) I must have a hidden zipper outer pocket on the Gabby/M.G....or some sort of outside pocket or pockets if the style doesn't have it..I need to have outside pockets for cell phone and perhaps car keys. The lack of them is what prevents me from reaching for some bags I thought I'd like..so that too is a deciding factor.

The problem for me right now is that I am not sure what the colors look like in NYC light and it makes a huge difference to me..I will speak to Maria by Monday..at least tell her the style(s)..put down a deposit..and then when I get the swatches I can decide further...

(l WISH Ignes would make cuffs out of the scraps and bits..nothing fancy..simple..I would collect them and use them all the time..so would my DDs..and even my DS if the cuff was manly enough)

Back to work..more ruminations to follow.

New order! LOL! OK, pre-ordered these:

1) Smoked Tan Mini Ormala, gold hw, matching stitching, seam paint, zippers, etc., inquired about old stud placement but not sure if they do it any longer. 9.5" strap drop. chocolate suede lining but also considering turquoise or green suede lining if in stock.

2) Spongey chocolate leather Mini Emilia, gold hw, matching stuff, move studs, no zipper on front, gold splashed lining but thinking about yellow suede too if available.

No blue shine. I decided that I won't use blue enough to justify it. I think I'll grab my GIB II Mini Emilia often enough that I won't use the other if I had it. It was a tough choice but I needed to be practical. Not sure about yellow. I'm deciding next week once I see the swatches in person. I decided though that my favorite leathers were these spongey ones and since I'm a brown bag girl I would be happiest ordering what I know I'll love and use. The only risk I'm taking is going with a Mini Ormala but I have owned one before and I know that I liked the style. I just let Maria know how concerned I am about the seam paint and I think they'll do a great job as all my bags recently have been perfect! So, these 2 may be it if I can manage to stay practical and not let my heart run away with my wallet! I will use neutrals like these alot longer than I will colors since our summers are so short here! That's why I'm considering a pop of color inside my bag so I can enjoy color but still have neutral bags! I'm really very happy with this order!

Yay, tlloveshim! Those are great choices. Those tans are soooo tempting.

GB, I think you should go for one of these leathers too. You wanted classic, wear with everything colors and these are it! Plus, they seem to have a special something to them so it is not an ordinary lifeless color.

Ok, I sent Maria an email yesterday and I have not heard back. Meanwhile you guys are putting in orders! I am so impatient. Maria, take my money!

The blue shine is very pretty, but I agree TL, if you won't use it there is no reason for it. I am a jeans girl on the weekend and I bought a navy Chloe bag thinking I would get a lot of use out of that, but alas, she is often lonely and neglected. My tans get used a lot though!

I'm a little tempted to buy a "color" bag this time around. I don't have any - only neutrals (tans, brown, gray, navy and black). I have a pebbled red Mini-E that I have only worn twice. Ignes is at a price point where I am comfortable buying a "riskier" color, but I am afraid that I still won't use it.

JB - I hear you about color bags - i tend to favor those rather than neutrals. (i have multiple Tanos, which are GREAT for colors and are at even better price point. check them out!) i want a classic but still unique neutral, however, and IMO i think a customized Ignes is ideal for that. :smile:

thanks, sk! i'm going to forgo the braided handle altogether methinks. i'm waiting on a batch of swatches from maria, though i'm hoping it won't be necessary - maria thinks she sent me the pearlized grey with the last bunch of swatches she sent me - waiting for confirmation, but she might have just mislabeled it as "grey with shine"... from your description, sk, that sounds very likely.

<sigh>...my first and last ignes customization seems almost bittersweet, but it has definitely lit a fire under my @$$ and made me be (somewhat) more decisive!

here is my order:

Joesphine in pearlized grey (most likely!)
chain handles
suede interior, color TBD (leaning toward a dark pink, but any other suggestions? turquoise, perhaps?)
magnetic clasp (rather than zipper) - waiting to hear final work back about the possibility of this

i'm going to forgo the braided handle in favor of the chain handle, and am hoping i can do a pop of color *in suede* underneath the flat handle....:happydance:

also looking to do a contrasting, but still neutral stitching - any suggestions on that? maybe a darker grey or even metallic?

Jane, I was so tempted by red this time around! Plus wanting yellow makes it hard to remain practical! I have an aubergine and orange BE which adds color to my collection and a tinted wine mini C but they almost feel like neutrals to me since they go with so much! And now I have a blue mini E so maybe that's enough color to keep me happy. I reach for browns and tans more often and have even been using grey more often which is new for me! I have only one black bag but it's a Virginia with a gunmetal naughty bottom so she's special! Did you get in touch with Maria yet? She was pretty busy today but I manage to sneak in a quick chat with her so got lucky with my timing!

Shessica, your creation sounds great! I personally like the idea of dark pink with the grey but turquoise would be equally lovely though have a different effect; one being soft and feminine and the other a bright pop of color! Looking forward to see your bag once it's done!

Shessica, I love your bag creation! If it were me, I'd go for dark pink suede lining. I love turquoise, but I have a pale pink suede lining in one of my BV bags, and I get a little giddy when I see it! The color makes me feel so girly yet I can never do that color in an exterior bag. On the suede underneath the handle, I don't know about that. That part will be on your shoulder constantly, so it may not be the best idea - I think leather is best there. If you can't do the Josephine with a snap closure, you should get the zipper pull-tassle thingies in the suede pop of color. On thread, I am all out of ideas.

TL, Maria did get back to me. She could not find her camera cable, so she will upload pictures tomorrow. I totally forgot about a naughty bottom. I have always wanted that!

Silly Kitty, on the pebbled orange picture that you took, would you say the color shows up pretty accurate? Maria sent me a picture of a pebbled orange Francis that they did (I can't figure out how to post in here), but the color looked blah and muted. If the color is similar to your picture I like it. If not, no go.

thanks, JB and tl! Maria sent me a bunch of pictures of interior suede and two that really caught my eye are yellow and new coral. i'm a sucker for grey and yellow together, and I think that would make a gorgeous combination in a bag. the new coral, which i think would also look great with grey, is coming in at choice #2, with pink at #3.

almost tempted to see if i can do yellow stitching, if i can get it in the interior - but what to you think? would yellow stitching look off-putting? Otherwise, i'd go with a light grey stitching.

JB, if i can't do a magnetic clasp, I'm definitely going to the contrasting color at the zipper pull! :yes:

and the main reason i want suede under the handle, aside from a possible pop of color, is that the suede actually really helps to hold a bag on the shoulder. I have a few bucket bags (Tano Boogie Bucket) where that's exactly what is on their handles. it is SUCH a great idea, and it works so well, that the feature is one of things owners love most about the bag. so, if i have the option, i want to make that a part of my Ignes as well. even if I can't do a contrasting color, a nice basic black would definitely serve the purpose i'm looking for.

Silly Kitty, what do you think of a cracked black Mini-O? You said it is not actually cracked, but just very distressed, so I thought it might be good as a bad-weather bag for work. What do you think? I work in a conservative but not too conservative environment. I have a Jimmy Choo bag that works in bad weather, but it is not really appropriate looking for business suits (lots of blingy stuff on it and it is a hobo shape). Would a cracked black mini-O be suitable for blazers and suits (I wear modern rather than conservative looking suits though) and work in snow and rain? If its distressed, I would think so, but I defer to you.

Generally, I am still pondering the pebbled orange. I am worried that it might not be the "right" orange. Also, the turquoise suede has my attention. I love it, but when would I wear turquoise suede? I associate turquoise with spring and summer, but suede with fall and winter. What do you all think?

JB - I took some more pics of Pebbled Orange this morning, the light is different today, overcast, rain coming. The color is saturated all the way through. I don't think it looks pale or white showing through in my swatch. It's pretty structured, so not suited for a bag you want to smoosh.

You must have been reading my mind about Cracked Black! Just this morning I've been pondering a Matilda in it. Pics coming on that one as well. It is a soft unstructured leather. It's not at all like the other cracked leather, which are a glaze over a colored leather. This is just wrinkly, distressed and matte. It's not a super deep black though, it looks a little vintagey IMO. I don't think there's anything about it that would make it innapproprate in formalish work setting. I had originally thought of it in a slouchy informal style, but the more I think of it in a more formal Mini O, the more I like it. As far as snow and rain, it doesn't have any gloss to it, so I'd probably want to waterproof it. But the nice thing about Ignes's price point is I don't have to worry about them too much!

TL - I'm having a little doubt about Blue Shine myself. It's absolutely beautiful ...but how many blue bags does a girl need! It's ordered and paid for so if I change my mind I need to act fast!

The Smoked Tan Mini O ... are you getting it reinforced, or letting it smoosh? I like Chocolate Suede w it!

I LOVE the Pebbled Red my new Virginia is in (pics hopefully tomorrow if the sun comes out!). It is a great true red, bright but not too bright red! I have the Bold Red swatch, and it's a glaze of color over the leather, not a fan, and has a bit of orange in it. I've never seen Rouge... but it is a tinted leather.

Shessica - I think a Pearlized Grey Josie w a chain handle is going to be stunning! I highly recomend the yellow suede, it's bright and plush!

I know there was some grey suede for under the handle, maybe ask if it's still available and if she could take pics to see if it compliments the Pearlized Grey?

I'm persoanlly not a fan of contrast stitching ...but that's just me!

Jane, I think the turquoise suede is gorgeous too! For me, since it is suede, I think I'd use it fall and winter even though it's turquoise. This year would be a good year for it since turquoise is a big color for summer. You could start carrying it late summer into fall and winter. You may even find once you have it in hand that you don't mind carrying it in the summer. What a great pop of color in the fall though! I hope I didn't must muddle up your dilema! ;)

TL - I'm having a little doubt about Blue Shine myself. It's absolutely beautiful ...but how many blue bags does a girl need! It's ordered and paid for so if I change my mind I need to act fast!

The Smoked Tan Mini O ... are you getting it reinforced, or letting it smoosh? I like Chocolate Suede w it!

I LOVE the Pebbled Red my new Virginia is in (pics hopefully tomorrow if the sun comes out!). It is a great true red, bright but not too bright red! I have the Bold Red swatch, and it's a glaze of color over the leather, not a fan, and has a bit of orange in it. I've never seen Rouge... but it is a tinted leather.

Do you think chocolate suede w/ smoked tan over the dark green? I changed to dark green but I'm so wishy washy.... haha! And what about yellow suede with the brown leather? I'm waiting on pics of it but I like the idea of color inside my bag since I don't own a lot of bags in brights. It gives me color but in a very safe way!

I think I'm going to avoid adding any more bags to my order. I have a yellow swatch coming and I've been interested in red but I need to be conservative and behave myself. I hope I don't change my mind when I see the swatches though! My bags arrive Monday! It's going to be a long weekend! And today is my 23rd anniversary but of course we're getting freezing rain so we had to stay in. Just my luck!

TL - I think Dk Green would look pretty w the Smoked Tan .... I put it against the English Green & I like it. I'm not sure about yellow, it's very bright, and Smoked Tan seems to mellow. I'll post yellow suede pics as soon as it's sunny.

So I've been wanting a Matilda for travel. I want it smooshy and a neutral, but not a brown. I needs to coordinate w my Pearlized Grey Travel bag I've ordered, but I don't want it to match. I kept coming back to Black 109, but it seemed too safe. Playing w swatches this morning I had an epiphany! Cracked Black!!! I'm going to remove the vertical strips to not distract from the texture of the leather, add the back hidden zip and the side tassles. So my vision is a big slouchy simple hobo that is textured and a little bit vintage looking. It kills me, but I think I'm going to get cloth...ugh.. I hate being practical. Any suggestions?