SS 10 Order Rumination Thread

TL - I love the idea of me ordering the Vintage Camel and you covering the spongey for me.

JB - Although the Bright Green has an incredible texture, soft and velvety, it's not a wearable color, to me at least. I think either the Blue Shine or Pearlized Grey would be great choices. The Blue Shine has a really special texture, but not as versatile as Pearlized Grey. I love Cathy's idea about the interior suede. If you get the Grey any bright color would look amazing.

JJ's - I love the idea of a Pearlized Grey Petra. What color is Soft Red? You've peaked my curiosity!

Shessica - I love the Tassle idea to match the interior! I hope my tassles match the braid!

Does anyone think Vintage Camel is too close to Sunflower?

DSC06461.jpg

DSC03193.jpg

I LOVE the Vintage Camel, but find the Sunflower doesn't work in my wardrobe, too much yellow. Do you think I'll have the same problem w Vintage Camel?

I need to go through all the past leathers to see what fun colors they might have bits left for make up bags and wristlets.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick w the Blue Shine, even though I have too many blues! I'm leaning towards yellow...or maybe Coral??

I need to find out what cloth is available for my Matilda ...I'm surprised by TL's reveal that it's smaller than I thought. I hope it's big enough for travel!

TL - I love the idea of me ordering the Vintage Camel and you covering the spongey for me.

JB - Although the Bright Green has an incredible texture, soft and velvety, it's not a wearable color, to me at least. I think either the Blue Shine or Pearlized Grey would be great choices. The Blue Shine has a really special texture, but not as versatile as Pearlized Grey. I love Cathy's idea about the interior suede. If you get the Grey any bright color would look amazing.

JJ's - I love the idea of a Pearlized Grey Petra. What color is Soft Red? You've peaked my curiosity!

Shessica - I love the Tassle idea to match the interior! I hope my tassles match the braid!

sillykitty-When I told Maria that I wanted a Cecelia in red I asked her about my options. Had planned on a Virginia in Bold Red a few months ago, but chickened out. She ran down a list of what was available and tada soft red appeared. Here are pics that she sent me...

Attachments

• Matilda.jpg
    Matilda.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Matilda Front.jpg
    Matilda Front.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 47
SK, can you take some pics of vintage camel against sunflower? And would you mind taking it with some other browns like oak and smoked tan too? I'm sort of wondering about vintage camel in a Virginia. I want to be sure it's different enough from what I already have. Then I can also answer your question. The way it appears from the post above, vintage camel is more rustic than sunflower. I like the 'character' of vintage camel. I think it'd be cool in a classic style because it's make a normally more dressy bag more casual, if that makes sense. I sort of like using rustic leathers to tone down a more formal style.

SK- yes, please take a photo of them together...it's also hard to tell because one was taken in full sunlight while the other looks like it was during an overcast day.

OK... Here's my tentative order
Midi Sofia
- Pearlized Grey with either pink croco or pearlized bordeaux accents (drawstring and "inside" part of the handles). Possible naughty bottom too
-Flat handles
-silver hardware
-added Messenger strap lengthened to approx 22" (Possibly also with pink accent)
-zipper (in pink or fushia)
-contrast pink stiching
-semi-structured (want some smoosh, but not as much as mr. puddles)
-lining tbd, probably pink though lol

Small cosmetics bag
-probably pink croco

Wristlet (or two)
-haven't decided yet on this. something bright and fun! Maybe pebbled fushia

I think I'm in a pink mood rofl! Of course, I haven't seen the blue/purple yet...so this may all change LOL

^^ A naughty bottom is when you use a different leather on the bottom of your bag than the rest of the bag. I have a crinkled black patent Virginia with a gunmetal naughty bottom so when I carry it every now and then there's a little peek of the silver bottom on my black handbag! Like a little flash of a bra strap under your blouse, a little sexy, a little naughty but not tasteless! KWIM?

ETA: Here's a pic to demonstrate:
101_0851.jpg

Last edited:
Cathyfitz and Silly Kitty, thank you so much for the advice. You guys are totally right on the bright green. Glad I checked in!

So today, Maria emailed me a bigger picture of the Vintage Pink, but I did not like it after all. Curiously, though, she had that swatch over the Pearlized Grey, and my eyes nearly bugged out of my head. So while I was trying to order my own bag, I completely changed course and started my mom's order.

So here is my order so far:

For Mom:
Josephine in Pearlized Grey
Braided strap in Pearlized Grey and White (Maria's pic looked stunning)
Silver Hardware
Suede Interior - Choice #1 is Blue Splashed Silver and if not in stock, Choice #2 is the blue/purple suede.
Engraving: I Love You Mom

For Me:
Mini-O in Pebbled Orange
Suede Interior in Coral probably. Maria is going to check if that looks good. If not, I will ask for Grey (thoughts on these options?).
Silver Hardware

Still Undecided:
Millie Max in Cracked Pewter, Pewter Nappa. I am waiting for pictures on this. If not, I may crack and order one of the spongey tans! Whys should TL get all the fun!

A few cosmetic cases. I am thinking the Pastel Green for Mom (still want a green) and Blue Sky and a Cracked Purple for me. Maybe a wristlet in that Charcoal with Streaks leather from a couple of seasons ago.

^^ A naughty bottom is when you use a different leather on the bottom of your bag than the rest of the bag. I have a crinkled black patent Virginia with a gunmetal naughty bottom so when I carry it every now and then there's a little peek of the silver bottom on my black handbag! Like a little flash of a bra strap under your blouse, a little sexy, a little naughty but not tasteless! KWIM?

Hmm, interesting! I don't think i could do a naughty bottom with josephine, though, correct?

^^ I don't think so. I don't think the Josephine really has a bottom. I've seen naughty bottoms on Virginias and Mini Ormalas. With their squarish shapes it works pretty good. But I could be wrong, I've never seen a Josephine in person.

NO :sad: Am anxiously awaiting it. Friday her web designer had it, thden yesterday she mentioned that she still owes me the photo, and I haven't received an email from her today yet, so who knows :T. I hope it's worth the wait!!!

SK- before I forget, could you do one shot of the pink croco, pearlized bordeaux and pearlized grey together for me? In my mind they all work, but I remembered you have all three, yes?

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can't take a pic of Sunflower w the Vintage Camel, as Sunflower is out on loan. I can take pics of the various browns/tan together though! And it's completely correct, Vintage Camel was taken on rainy dreary day.

I also sent away the Pearlized Bordeux swatch I - So I can do Deep Pink Croc & Pearlized Grey together only!

I've decided if I do Vintage Camel it will be a Virginia as well. Does anyone else have a problem working yello-y tans into thier wardrobe. Shades of Chocolate are easy, but my Sunflower never seems to compliment anything I wear?

JJ's - I wonder if that red is otherwise known as Rouge? ( I spend far too much time studying Ignes leathers...lol!)

I - When I chatted w Maria she was composing a Blurple email for you ...I'm anxious to see it as well! I love the Grey/Pink combo!

JB - I love the bags you have planned! Classic w a fun lining for mom and a bright Pebbled Orange Mini O for you...love! I'd love a green interior suede, so it would remind me of the orange leaves! Funny... Maria asked me if I had Pewter today to see if I could take a pic of it w Cracked Pewter...now I know who it was for (I don't have Pewter unfortunately!) Btw ... my mom is the same way, a closet full of clothes and shoes she's saving because they're "good"!