SS 10 Order Rumination Thread

bonniekir

O.G.
Feb 8, 2007
I totally agree re the Suedes! I'm so tempted to get me more travelbags..just because of the suedes..LOL!

cltw

Jan 5, 2009
Virginia
I just received an e-mail from Maria about my order. One of the bags I ordered is a mini-Emilia in tinted wine leather with gold splashed raspberry suede lining. Maria informed me that the tannery is out of the gold splashed raspberry suede. Boo Hoo! :crybaby:

Does anybody have suggestions for alternate suede linings that would go well with tinted wine?

Thanks in advance for your help!

tlloveshim

Emmy!
O.G.
Mar 19, 2006
The Great Plains
I used lilac cloth with my tinted wine so I wonder if lilac suede would be equally nice, cltw? Pink suede is pretty as well. SK had a pic of quite a few suedes available in one of the latest threads. Maybe take a look at it and see if anything catches your eye?

ETA: Go back to post 517, there are pics of the suede linings there. I like pink or light grey best personally or possibly lilac suede if it's in stock. HTH!

greenpixie

More please!
O.G.
Dec 1, 2006
Maybe beige suede if you don't mind a neutral? I have beige suede in my tinted wine Midi Sofia, and I really like the colors together.

cltw

Jan 5, 2009
Virginia
thanks everybody for the suggestions :smile:

i was disappointed about the gold splashed raspberry not being available but it looks like there are some other pretty choices

irainei

<3 B
O.G.
Aug 5, 2008
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH (in a good way!)

So! I got swatches from Maria yesterday and thinking about...

...adding *cough* a few more to my order...

(oh BTW, I'm keeping the grey bag...going to dye it LOL)

She sent me this GLORIOUS peachy-pink that reminded me of the Sahara Gold leather (yanno, with the miniscule lighter colored veining). Along with the black w/silver sheepskin and the faux croc (I do have swatches of the new purple, silvery-grey and new lipstick pink if anyone needs them).

If I have time (haha) I'll post a photo of the peachy-pink, but in the meantime...

What the heck should I do with them?

For those who have Silvery-Grey ( TL ;) ), the peachy-pink is the same feel (thickness, softness). I'm thinking Virginia? Or maybe a mini-O?

I'm still debating on the faux croc... I really like it, but, generally dislike most embossed animal prints. Should I go big (Virginia) or small (Luisa)? Or just ignore it since I dislike embossed stuff like that...

For the Black with silver...hands down, Josie (or should I do a Josie Max?)...although...I do like my mini-E...maybe go up to a full sized E?

All with Blurple lining (well, maybe not the faux croc if I go with it... *shrug*). All solid colors, no mixing this time round...

Help! Ideas? :biggrin: Call me crazy? ;)

cltw

Jan 5, 2009
Virginia
Irainei, I ordered the nude croc in the Virginia, and I hope to have preview pics soon. Once I get the pictures, I can post them if you're interested in seeing the combination. I am generally not a big fan of faux croc/reptile either, but I really liked the color of the nude croc and it seemed as though it would hold up well over time.

I'd love to see a picture of the peachy-pink color leather if you have time to post it. Not that I need any more bags. :smile:

irainei

<3 B
O.G.
Aug 5, 2008
^^ Thanks! Please do post it...Although, isn't the veining on the nude croc thinner than the deep pink? I dunno... I'll still have to ponder it.

Anywho, here's the peachy-pink swatch...the close up shows the veining, the second photo is more color accurate (although neither one is completely accurate). This swatch looks like it has a light sheen to it when you hold it in certain light:

cltw

Jan 5, 2009
Virginia
The nude croc doesn't seem to have much veining in it. I really needed another neutral colored bag, which was another reason I went for the nude croc. As soon as Maria sends preview pics to me, I will post them for you.

Thanks for posting the pictures of the peachy-pink leather...it looks really pretty and makes it very tempting to order another bag.

sillykitty

Jun 6, 2009
SoCal
cltw - What suede did you decide on? I liked the idea of pink or Gey my self. There was also a burgandy available, so you might want pics of that w the TW, to see if they would compliment each other.

I - Redying!!?! :faint: You are one brave woman!!
I think that peachy pink is a leather Maria sent me pics of when she was looking for distressed leathers for me. I believe the texture and finish is similar to Burnt Orange. W a leather that soft, I'm thinking maybe a less structured style would suit it more than a Virginia. Or maybe some light reinforcment added to it, like TL's and my Vintage Camel Virginia's? I of course love Mini O's so a lightly reinforced Mini O would be beautiful as well. For the Black w Silver, I def recomend the Josie Max size! It is a great size and really comfy to carry. And then you can mix the braid, w Mirror Silver! If you're having doubts about the embossed croc I'd say skip it. I also generally don't like embossing, but do agree that that one is tempting!
Oh.. and if you get a chance can you post up pics of the Silver w Black?

cltw

Jan 5, 2009
Virginia
cltw - What suede did you decide on? I liked the idea of pink or Gey my self. There was also a burgandy available, so you might want pics of that w the TW, to see if they would compliment each other.
After looking at a lot of pictures, I decided to go with the beige suede lining. Although I like pink, grey, and lilac, I just wasn't confident that I'd love how those suedes would look against the tinted wine. The beige looked like a nice neutral. In Maria's e-mails to me, she mentioned that all of the splashed suedes were out of stock, I wonder if/when they will get more back in stock.

irainei

<3 B
O.G.
Aug 5, 2008
I haven't forgotten SK ;)...just been busy with the B to take a photo of this but here yah go...it's really soft! Slightly matte...

sillykitty

Jun 6, 2009
SoCal
Thanks I!!

If Ignes start customization again ...this is on the list! I'm really wish I had gotten a couple more large cosmetic bags. My ILG is getting a work out, it's so perfect for traveling!