*Squeel* I found the bag I wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not talking about a general satchel shape. It is shape of the downtown. The reason you were attracted to it in the first place was because it had both the check pattern and the shape that you like. I am neither condoning nor condemning your choice. You are comfortable wearing it, so be it.

lhasalover, can you state with absolute certainty that this shape has never been made before? Are you a handbag historian? Ever been to a handbag museum? Just curious. It's like with the CL lovers, they are convinced that CL invented the red sole. Ignorance is bliss.

I don't care for the shape as much as the black/check combo. If I liked the shape so much, I would have a downtown collection by now.

Your first post in this thread suggested otherwise. It did not say you wanted a check pattern bag but that you loved the Vichy downtown so much.

So after seeing YSL Vichy handbag on a fellow TPFer, I couldn't get it out of my mind ....... I was bummed and walked around the mall and walked into a shop and what's looking at me?? YSL Vichy downtown. I grabbed it and pawed it and realized it's not YSL but Miele Bianco and only $70! Well, at that price I had to have it LOL!. It's super soft and squishy and I am happy that I don't have to worry about goat hair falling out of it :yahoo: Anyways, here it is!!

Fake bags are a def no-no in TPF but there seems to be a grey area regarding "look alikes" that don't sport the logo but are obvious replicas of designer bags. I guess the lesson here is that if you are going to post a "look-alike", be prepared to be criticized cause the line is blurred between these and fakes. Everyone has their own passionate opinion.

Glad you found a bag that makes you happy.

Guccidiva - are you saying that you don't own any real leather goods? You don't own a designer handbag from LV, Gucci, Prada, etc? You don't have a pair of leather shoes? A leather belt? A leather wallet?

This whole animal issue definitely is a completely separate topic.

Just from my point of view, I think alot of the TPFers on the YSL forum are here to appreciate/cleberate/share their love for their YSL handbags. Naturally, some of us will get a little upset when others are showcasing a "replica/inspired/fake" of the real thing. Just imagine that you purchased something that you really loved and you were very proud of...a watch let's say. You worked VERY hard to save up for it. The next day, your friend comes up to you and shows off a look-a-like watch but rubbed it in that she got it for so much cheaper than yours. How would you feel?

So just saying ...to reiterate my previous point, maybe this thread really doens't belong to the YSL forum

ITA. This is the YSL forum. TPFers in this forum love YSL, not copies, otherwise you'd find us on the COPIES forum. I think it understandable you found less than affrimation in our reactions.

Good to know the forum is alive and kicking, but I thought the bags were awesome enough to generate this much response and interest on their own without unnecessary controversy :wondering.

Your first post in this thread suggested otherwise. It did not say you wanted a check pattern bag but that you loved the Vichy downtown so much.

The entire reason I liked the bag is because of the check and how it balances an otherwise awkward shape of downtown. If I were to put a monetary value on the shape vs. pattern, I would say I like the shape $300 much and the pattern $1700 much. Does that make sense?

Fake bags are a def no-no in TPF but there seems to be a grey area regarding "look alikes" that don't sport the logo but are obvious replicas of designer bags. I guess the lesson here is that if you are going to post a "look-alike", be prepared to be criticized cause the line is blurred between these and fakes. Everyone has their own passionate opinion.

Glad you found a bag that makes you happy.

Thanks, the bag actually does make me happy given the situation. I still don't think that I should be criticized, since nowehere I stated that I bought YSL for $70. I got what I paid for, isn't that true? I would understand everyone's reaction if I scored YSL for that amount, but a good copy?? Clearly, it's a good one given the reaction.

also.. to the OP- i have scored the internet for simular but unique bags just for youuuu!

13682257_01_b

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-4428404604545166206&itemdescription=true&itemCount=-1&id=13682257&parentid=W_ACC_BAGS&sortProperties=%2Bproduct.marketingPriority%2C-product.startDate&navCount=6&_D%3AnavCount=+&navAction=poppush&color=&_DARGS=%2Furban%2Fcatalog%2Fcommon%2Fitemlink.jsp

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

http://store.delias.com/item.do?categoryID=416&itemID=47972&sizeFilter=&colorFilter=&brandFilter=

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...1408474399545537&bmUID=1190689615184&ev19=1:9

^^ love this Isabella Fiore! Simular yet totally unique!

Status
Not open for further replies.