Squeeee! Straight from Massaccesi Handbags in Italy she flew to me~ meet my new love!

LoveHandbags!

~adore~
O.G.
Dec 11, 2009
The skies opened up.

The stars aligned.

I got to leave work 20 minutes early (early I tell you~this never happens) so I darted to the car and dashed as quickly as I could to get to the Post Office before closing. (This is the other thing that was unusual for me, my tracking actually told me that I could go to the Post Office to pick it up. I have never received this message – otherwise it would be delivered tomorrow------------ya, like I could wait for tomorrow!)

Massaccesi Handbag Madness (thank you VanBod for that fine quote, no truer words have ever been spoken!
:yahoo:

I am soooooooooo in love with my new Pebbled Taupe Minerva! Please meet her in person with me!

Seriously who gets to carry such a beautiful handbag made especially for you one at a time (uhhhhhhh yes, that is one at a time) by incredibly talented Italian artisans who have respected the craft of fine leather works so much that generation after generation they continue to embrace and only use the trade skill essentials of long ago.

As I mentioned in another thread, it makes me swoon to know that someone, somewhere, in this ever fast changing world knows that the old way of working with fine leathers is still the best!

With heartfelt thanks to the dearest and most sweet soul, the lovely Valentina, she is wonderful! With genuine respect, I thank the talented Marco and Sara, whose hands made this gorgeous creation. I will treasure Minerva always!
I am in lovie dove love with her.

Her leather is amazing and the scent is so delicious! She is extremely soft, yet I can tell that the leather will be strong if that makes sense. I am total ga-ga over the color, it is exactly what I was hoping for!

I love all the little high end details on her…..the beautiful and straight stitching, the leather covered magnets and leather trimmed interior pockets (yes, every single interior pocket has beautiful leather trim!

The gorgeous and elegant hardware that off sets the leather so beautifully (and I can tell you I am extremely hardware picky! I have sold and returned handbags solely based on the hardware)

I love how the lobster clip hardware at the end of the strap spins around, which is really an important details, because when you grab the bag to put her on our shoulder, the hardware works with you rather than against ----- no struggling.

I adore the front pockets with their easy access for your cell phone or keys.

I love LOVE love how easy she is to reach into ----------- it is sheer delight!

I am in heaven over the sides…….the design is such that they have this really cool and gorgeous dimple at the base enhancing the look. It is really cool.

Without further ado…….my new beauty.

P.s. I only had time to snap a couple right after work, then a couple before DH and I had to run out.

Over the weekend I plan on taking some interior shots and what fits inside, it is just too dark now.

I opened her in the car while at a stoplight , lol.......with my bare hands....no scissor, ha. (LOL, I know, I need help, but in my defense it was a really long light.)

1aaa_zps98957773.jpg

A little sneaky peek to wet your whistle :whistle:

a_zpsbda204fe.jpg

Reactions: christinemliu
Oh my goodness Lovie...first let me tell you I have SO missed handbag reveals from you!!

Secondly...oh my word... What gorgeousness is that Minerva??? Seriously beautiful and luxurious and a non luxury price!!

And lastly before I head off to feed babies...I love Sophie dear getting into your reveal!

Hope you and your sweet DH had a lovely date!

Oh my goodness Lovie...first let me tell you I have SO missed handbag reveals from you!!

Secondly...oh my word... What gorgeousness is that Minerva??? Seriously beautiful and luxurious and a non luxury price!!

And lastly before I head off to feed babies...I love Sophie dear getting into your reveal!

Hope you and your sweet DH had a lovely date!

LOLOLO, I just knew you would catch the little snippit of our precious monkey! If anyone would catch that, it would be you! She had to get in on the action, lol.

Odebdo.........the quality is amazing! I am so beyond impressed and cannot wait to order another. Thanks for your kind words, I haven't done a reveal in ages! Hugs to you and your sweet ones!

Reactions: jbags07
Two items I want to elaborate on are the size of this style and the hardware...

If you need a handbag to travel with, for work or just generally prefer a larger sized handbag, then this one is for you. I actually used to gravitate to smaller or medium bags, but have discovered a love for this size, especially for work. It is wonderfully smooshy, so when placed down, it sits in a lovely fashion if it is not loaded to the brim. The single shoulder strap drop is heaven and I know will fit over thick winter coats with ease. It felt light and comfortable tonight on my shoulder.

The hardware is a high quality light gold, it is one of the reasons I chose the Taupe leather, I love this hardware against it. In some lighting tonight it looked silver-like. I used to only like silver hardware, but over the last couple years have come to also love gold if it is good quality. The thing with hardware is that you really cannot tell how it is going to age until it actually ages, so the jury is still out, but so far, I really am in love with it!

Hi, this is a gorgeous bag! :love: Congrats! -It's the bag I would choose myself too.

Hi Elliespurse :smile: thank you so much! I really *needed* a neutral and this pebbled taupe is exactly what I was hoping for. It's funny because I bought a taupe Chanel 3 flap 2 years ago. It was this exact color but the straps came out of the sides of the bag and were already rubbing showing slight wear, so I knew it would only get worse. It broke my heart but I returned it immediately. Here we are literally 2 years later and now I have my forever Taupe. This design is much better and I know will go the distance.

Thanks again for your kind words, knowing now it is what you would choose we will have to get you one, hee! :graucho:

Its fabulous! Congrats and wear in good health!

Hi there jxwilliams! Thanks so much, I am excited to not change out of this one for a long while! Cheers!

How gorgeous! And the leather...oh my. It just looks so wonderful!

Might I ask though, how heavy is she with just the basics (wallet, phone, keys)? I am SO tempted to pull the trigger on a Massaccesi, and am leaning towards the Zhoe right now (I too have been gravitating towards small/medium sized bags lately).

Fantastic reveal. And congrats!!!

Hon, your Minerva is TDF!!!!
I knew it would be awesome but it is beyond gorgeous!!! I just can't stop staring and :drool: over it.
And you look beautiful with it, I'm so happy to hear this bag has found a forever home with you!
I want to touch your bag, it look delicious. And of course you look GORGEOUS!

It's beautiful, and it looks great on you! Congrats!

Hi Risha, how kind of you, thanks so much! Wishing you a fabulous Friday!

How gorgeous! And the leather...oh my. It just looks so wonderful!

Might I ask though, how heavy is she with just the basics (wallet, phone, keys)? I am SO tempted to pull the trigger on a Massaccesi, and am leaning towards the Zhoe right now (I too have been gravitating towards small/medium sized bags lately).

Fantastic reveal. And congrats!!!

Hello there mknoch, Thanks so much, Of course you may ask, it is my pleasure! She does not feel heavy at all to carry; I think I am pretty sensitive when it comes to the weight of a handbag, due to a neck injury years ago I just cannot tolerate a heavy handbag.... when I had her on last night, I had just the basics inside and she did not feel heavy. Today I will carry my add my lunch and work files which I intend to carry daily, so I will report back to you!

The Zhoe is a gorgeous handbag! She may be one of my next if I don't choose another Minerva. She has very a unique and beautiful style in my opinion, I love it! I think this would be a good choice for your first Massaccesi (but then again who am I kidding, lol, I love them all!) Ha. You are so right, the leather is to die for....... Marco sure knows his leathers!

Hon, your Minerva is TDF!!!!
I knew it would be awesome but it is beyond gorgeous!!! I just can't stop staring and :drool: over it.
And you look beautiful with it, I'm so happy to hear this bag has found a forever home with you!
I want to touch your bag, it look delicious. And of course you look GORGEOUS!

Hello dearest and precious Julija! How are you today hon? You are so sweet, and as you once put it "thank you for sharing in my excitement". I will always think of you now when I type that now. The leather Julija, well you know, it is dreamy dream dreamy! Just like your gorgeous Blue Reef! Thanks for your kind words about how it looks, I was hoping I could pull off the larger size. It feels great to carry and fits all my necessities. Heaven! Hugs to you! :hugs: