Square WOC History

eameyer89

Jun 6, 2020
Hello! I just joined because I’ve heard this community is the best when it comes to Chanel information.. I recently fell in love with the square WOC (over the regular/rectangle).. can anyone tell me the history on the square WOC and chances Chanel will bring it back? I find purchasing pre-loved (even NWT) is stressful and would love to purchase from a boutique so trying to weigh my options. Thanks so much in advance!

Miss_Dawn

Mar 11, 2017
I don’t know about the history, but I had the choice between the regular WOC and the square WOC last year, in iridescent pink.

The square WOC cost more than the regular WOC (I think it was around £300 more last year, and it might be a bigger difference now with the price increases).

I bought the square WOC because it fits a lot more than the regular, but still collapses flat for travel (unlike a mini). Its capacity is more like a mini bag when you expand it, rather than a WOC. (In the picture below, I’m not really expanding it to its capacity). So it’s the best of both worlds and extremely useful.

Plus, during the lockdown, it’s pretty much all I’ve been carrying to go for walks!

I don’t know whether / when it will come back, but if you have the option to wait, I think it’s worth waiting for. It’s a really versatile piece.

Attachments

eameyer89

Jun 6, 2020
I don’t know about the history, but I had the choice between the regular WOC and the square WOC last year, in iridescent pink.

The square WOC cost more than the regular WOC (I think it was around £300 more last year, and it might be a bigger difference now with the price increases).

I bought the square WOC because it fits a lot more than the regular, but still collapses flat for travel (unlike a mini). Its capacity is more like a mini bag when you expand it, rather than a WOC. (In the picture below, I’m not really expanding it to its capacity). So it’s the best of both worlds and extremely useful.

Plus, during the lockdown, it’s pretty much all I’ve been carrying to go for walks!

I don’t know whether / when it will come back, but if you have the option to wait, I think it’s worth waiting for. It’s a really versatile piece.
It looks gorgeous! Yes and maybe no one has the intel on if it will come back but I think it’s come around 2-3 times (based on the serial codes I’ve seen in the resale market).