Rectangle Mini Flap Club!

Personally, I prefer the rectangular mainly because of my height (I'm 5'5") and current lifestyle. It sits nicely on my hip when I wear it crossbody. However, with the square, it sits around my waist (due to the shorter chain), which is kind of awkward for me. It's the perfect length if I wear it on my shoulder.

I think the square mini is REALLY cute, but it's just not practical for me right now (I need a crossbody bag when dealing with a toddler [emoji28]).

Good luck with your decision! [emoji4]

Thanks for the input! I'm actually in the same boat - I have a toddler and an infant. I actually just tried on the square (just showed up on my doorstep) and you're right. It doesn't work so great as a crossbody which is what I need. Guess I'll be waiting for he rectangle. [emoji6]

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Thanks for the input! I'm actually in the same boat - I have a toddler and an infant. I actually just tried on the square (just showed up on my doorstep) and you're right. It doesn't work so great as a crossbody which is what I need. Guess I'll be waiting for he rectangle. [emoji6]

No problem! Glad to help. [emoji4] Which mini did you get? Can't wait to see pictures soon! [emoji1]

Hi! I have the square mini from cruise 2017 and I find the shape very structured and hardy but I have seen some square minis which have the sides gaping so it really depends on which season it comes from. I am 5"5 and find that the square works very well for me as I can wear it on the shoulder and also cross-body. I didn't get the rectangle as the strap drop will be too long and I already have the woc so the look will be somewhat similar.

Reactions: revitalise
I think it depends on your height and how high you like your bags to sit

Generally the rectangle is better if you are tall or like your bag sitting lower

I prefer the square and I'm 5' 4. I would find any longer strap sitting too low i.e. the rectangular and woc

I have the square which I adore! But I'm thinking of buying the rectangular just for variety. Is it crazy to own both?!
Heck no, If you have the luxury to own both, go for it... I owned a square mini for about a year, loved it, but I'm 5'8" so the crossbody option looked silly on me. I ended up selling my square one for my rectangular one, and I love it just as much. They are both great, just have different personalities.. Gee, if I could have kept the square one, I would have, but I rationally (husband..) made me limit my ownership to one.. (for now):biggrin::P

Heck no, If you have the luxury to own both, go for it... I owned a square mini for about a year, loved it, but I'm 5'8" so the crossbody option looked silly on me. I ended up selling my square one for my rectangular one, and I love it just as much. They are both great, just have different personalities.. Gee, if I could have kept the square one, I would have, but I rationally (husband..) made me limit my ownership to one.. (for now):biggrin::P

Hilarious!!! I love my square mini so I know I won't be selling her. But I am still itching for the rectangular just for the cross body option. Maybe when I have both I can sell whichever doesn't work... or maybe I keep both (and ignore husband's comments!) hehehe

After much youtube watching I have decided on the square. I am 5'4", but short waisted. Shoulder carry is more important to me than crossbody. I have lots of crossbody bags. I know the rectangle is crossbody and I hated the chain length of the woc. I tried wrapping the chain but the bag would do an upside-down flip when I opened it. It depends on your height and carry preference. Watch Chase Amie's comparison...