Square Mini

mrsblue

Mar 9, 2019
I’ve been wanting a square mini in black with gold hardware for quite some time now, mainly because I don’t yet own a black chanel bag (excluding wocs), since I usually go for colors.

My SA sent me a photo of this mauve square mini (2nd photo) last night and I thought it was very pretty, as I was considering it, my SA told me this morning that a black square mini with silver hardware just came in and asked if I wanted it. I’ve always preferred gold hardware over silver hardware, but then all of my other Chanel bags are in gold/light gold hardware, why not silver this time. So I said yes, as I know black square minis are quite hard to get, at least in my city.

When I finally got the bag, I was not as excited about it as I thought I’d be, I am excited, but just normal I-got-a-new-bag-excited, if that makes any sense at all. Maybe it being black with silver hardware? I’m not too sure. And then I started thinking about the mauve square mini, and find it more attractive to me than the black one. I am not sure if I should keep the black or exchange it for the mauve.

Bottomline is, I like the black mini, not sure about the hardware though. Maybe I just need a little convincing?

CF62BFBA-514D-4388-B095-B99560DEF718.jpeg

A8A28B0C-02BE-4ACF-9E68-C7ABBFC7E0B7.jpeg

Hi there,

both are beautiful. I can understand you- I am always looking for ghw in my jewelry, bags and on my clothes (buckles, zippers etc).

I have to get used to light gold hardware since they do only this on numerous bags now. Black and gold is THE Classic Chanel Combo. And I wanted my black Chanel to have ghw. But I am in love with the Business Affinity and it only comes in the light Gold.

I would not consider silver for myself (yet) and you sound not too convinced by it as well.
The mauve one is beautiful and special.
If you cannot stop thinking about it- exchange!! I’d say rather get something special than a second choice. It sounds like you think you have no choice because there will never be black/ghw. But I think you could wait or go preloved if you really wanted it.
Let us know how you decide!

Hello!
I am also a silver hardware girl! But that mauve mini is so stunning, had my jaw dropped at how gorgeous the color is! If you aren't too happy with the black square mini with shw, definitely return it and exchange it for something else that makes you spark joy!

I also really wanted a mini in black with gold but ended up getting the silver since it was available and I love it now! It definitely grew on me. My other bags are already black/gold so I thought I’d go with silver. I will admit that my heart still skips a beat when I see the black with gold though lol.

I’m a bit biased as I only like gold or light gold hardware on my classic flaps. I always think gold hardware really “dresses up” the bag and makes it look even more luxurious. While this black square mini is pretty, I don’t you should keep the bag if it doesn’t make your heart sing! I also think minis look the best in colors (cute pop of color).

Reactions: mrsblue and ahswong
Well I’m a silver H/W girl, so I really like it. I don’t like gold on bags. I know I’m a minority on this though.
To me SHW is more cool, casual and young; GHW is more dressy and luxurious. I’ve always love the warm tone of GHW. I am olive skinned, and all my jewelries are in yellow gold, except my wedding ring and engagement ring, which are platinum.

Hi there,

both are beautiful. I can understand you- I am always looking for ghw in my jewelry, bags and on my clothes (buckles, zippers etc).

I have to get used to light gold hardware since they do only this on numerous bags now. Black and gold is THE Classic Chanel Combo. And I wanted my black Chanel to have ghw. But I am in love with the Business Affinity and it only comes in the light Gold.

I would not consider silver for myself (yet) and you sound not too convinced by it as well.
The mauve one is beautiful and special.
If you cannot stop thinking about it- exchange!! I’d say rather get something special than a second choice. It sounds like you think you have no choice because there will never be black/ghw. But I think you could wait or go preloved if you really wanted it.
Let us know how you decide!
At first I thought I wouldn’t mind SHW since I do not own any, very much like the color black. And I love variety in my collection, which is why I’ve always gone for fun colors with Chanel. But then it felt a little less than, probably because like you said, black and gold is the classic Chanel. Then again, there’s a certain casual feel to the SHW which I wanted.

My heart did not sing loud when I opened the box (DH was the one who picked it up), he said he saw a lady wearing the same bag but in GHW at the parking and it looked better than the SHW which did not help at all.

The mauve mini is beautiful, but it is also in SHW, the lighting of the boutique made it look like LGHW. I think I am going to keep it for a few days and see if it grows on me.

Reactions: DamierEbene
Hello!
I am also a silver hardware girl! But that mauve mini is so stunning, had my jaw dropped at how gorgeous the color is! If you aren't too happy with the black square mini with shw, definitely return it and exchange it for something else that makes you spark joy!
I thought so too, when my SA sent me the photo I really wanted to get it, I was debating to get the mauve mini since black is not available, and then she texted me the next morning saying she had the black one reserved for me if I still want it. I have always felt that black is very basic and went with bright colors every time. But now that I am in my 30s, I think it is time for me to have a little black bag.

Reactions: BrownBuggy
I also really wanted a mini in black with gold but ended up getting the silver since it was available and I love it now! It definitely grew on me. My other bags are already black/gold so I thought I’d go with silver. I will admit that my heart still skips a beat when I see the black with gold though lol.
I think this will be me too! I just love gold. Lol. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the mini, but just not love love, yet. I am prone to keeping this and wait for a caviar mini with gold hardware in the future, if they are ever gonna make them. :smile:

I’m a bit biased as I only like gold or light gold hardware on my classic flaps. I always think gold hardware really “dresses up” the bag and makes it look even more luxurious. While this black square mini is pretty, I don’t you should keep the bag if it doesn’t make your heart sing! I also think minis look the best in colors (cute pop of color).
Indeed, I also feel minis look best in colors. But I’ve been wanting a black Chanel, and am not sure if I can commit and get a classic flap in black just yet, so I thought a black mini would be perfect.

If you usually gravitate towards colour, it's only natural that mauve is more your thing than black. Don't get the mauve because the black doesn't suit you and you want to fill up a square mini shaped hole in your collection.

If you waited for a while to get the black with silver hardware, it's easy to just be done with it. To see if you can make it work. Or to find out if it grows on you. But if you already waited some time, why not wait a little longer to get the bag you actually want? These bags are not cheap, why settle?

If black isn't your style, then skip it. You don't need a black bag because of your age. Style has nothing to do with age or colour. If black is not your thing, nobody will force you to wear black.

I totally know what you mean, I was recently offered a black mini a couple of days ago by my SA when i randomly stopped at my local boutique. I've been looking for a square black mini with GHW for a long time and like you, I was underwhelmed by it. I thought I would be way more excited, but I tried it on and walked around for awhile while they were holding it for me and was not excited about it. I think if it was in caviar leather, I would prob get it (even with SHW), but with the short chain, it just looks really boring. Classic, yes, but also nothing exciting about it. I would only get it if you really like it.

Reactions: mrsblue