Square mini or camera bag?

piggyla

O.G.
Mar 11, 2008
Hi all,
I have been wanting a square mini in the black caviar for a long time even I never seen one in person. I finally pull the trigger to put myself on a waitlist for one. To my surprise, my SA was able to find me one after being on the list for 3 weeks! The bag is on the way to me now and I can’t wait to see it in person.

Today I came across this season camera bag on the forum and it got me thinking if the camera bag is a better choice.

I want a small bag that I can use on the weekend and take it to travel with me to hold the essential (passport, small wallet, lip balm, hand sanitizer, phone).

Does the camera bag hold more than the square mini? Which style is more versatile?

I would love to hear your comment on the two bags.

Thanks in advance!

Although I love both, I’d recommended getting the mini first. Having said that, the mini camera case can be worn x-body comfortably & is much lighter. Try both on, if you could.

Mini!! I think you've been wanting it for a long time, so don't doubt yourself. Later if you decide the mini is not for you, the resale is pretty good so as long as you keep it in good condition, you can resell it for what you bought it for. The mini can also be dressed up or down, so it's more versatile. That being said, the strap length on it is quite short so if you were hoping to wear cross-body, it might not be the best option for that.

Thanks for the comments! How is the capacity between the two? The camera bag looks like it would hold more so it is seems like a more particle choice for me. On the other hand, the square mini is so hard to come by.

Both very cute IMO. Like other mentioned, get the square mini first (classic) then branch out. Square mini esp caviar hard to come by, personally I don’t own one but rectangle minis. Depends on your height and frame, the square mini can wear crossbody, single strap or double straps shoulder. I tried it, works for crossbody, more preferably square over rectangle mini (petite gal).

Now on to the mini camera case, cutie! First time seeing it this season, love it! I tried it on, crossbody great but bit long on side shoulder, can’t double strap to wear on shoulder.

If you love both after seeing them, I say keep both if you can. Both hot commodities! Good luck on your decision.

Both very cute IMO. Like other mentioned, get the square mini first (classic) then branch out. Square mini esp caviar hard to come by, personally I don’t own one but rectangle minis. Depends on your height and frame, the square mini can wear crossbody, single strap or double straps shoulder. I tried it, works for crossbody, more preferably square over rectangle mini (petite gal).

Now on to the mini camera case, cutie! First time seeing it this season, love it! I tried it on, crossbody great but bit long on side shoulder, can’t double strap to wear on shoulder.

If you love both after seeing them, I say keep both if you can. Both hot commodities! Good luck on your decision.

Thanks for your comment!

Wish I could have both but it wasn’t the case. I am very petite so I think the strap on the square mini would look better on me compare to the rectangle mini.

I wasn’t aware there are mini and regular camera bag. Do you know how big they are?

I do agree that I should go with classic first.

Hi all,
I have been wanting a square mini in the black caviar for a long time even I never seen one in person. I finally pull the trigger to put myself on a waitlist for one. To my surprise, my SA was able to find me one after being on the list for 3 weeks! The bag is on the way to me now and I can’t wait to see it in person.

Today I came across this season camera bag on the forum and it got me thinking if the camera bag is a better choice.

I want a small bag that I can use on the weekend and take it to travel with me to hold the essential (passport, small wallet, lip balm, hand sanitizer, phone).

Does the camera bag hold more than the square mini? Which style is more versatile?

I would love to hear your comment on the two bags.

Thanks in advance!
So I would say square mini first over camera. However based on your description of intended use I think the rectangular mini would have been a better size for that capacity. Square mini is very limited in space. I use mine generally when I just have my snap button chanel card case, phone, car key, hair tie and lipstick. That’s it. I think your passport may be too long to fit.
However the camera bag mini is not that by either. The one in larger size I don’t think the chain allows cross body. So... you might as well get the square mini you want but adjust your expectations on capacity and intended use. For travel I personally love woc and or the reissue size 224 or 225, or even rectangular mini maybe

The camera bag is really pretty, and seems to fit A LOT more than the minis.

However you mentioned you are very petite. I am petite too, and found the strap of the small camera bag too long. It fell below my waist when worn crossbody-style. I think you should try both styles and decide which looks better on you. All the best deciding!

So I would say square mini first over camera. However based on your description of intended use I think the rectangular mini would have been a better size for that capacity. Square mini is very limited in space. I use mine generally when I just have my snap button chanel card case, phone, car key, hair tie and lipstick. That’s it. I think your passport may be too long to fit.
However the camera bag mini is not that by either. The one in larger size I don’t think the chain allows cross body. So... you might as well get the square mini you want but adjust your expectations on capacity and intended use. For travel I personally love woc and or the reissue size 224 or 225, or even rectangular mini maybe

Thanks for your input! I have a woc which I love but i found it being too small to bring on a trip.

Reissue 224 sounds like a great option! I should add that on my list.

Reactions: Vanana
The camera bag is really pretty, and seems to fit A LOT more than the minis.

However you mentioned you are very petite. I am petite too, and found the strap of the small camera bag too long. It fell below my waist when worn crossbody-style. I think you should try both styles and decide which looks better on you. All the best deciding!

Oh good to know! I am petite and like my cross body bag sit higher. Guess the small camera bag wouldn’t look right on me.