Scarves Spring/summer 2022 scarves

See my previous posts. It is luscious "normal" silk twill. I hope it will soften with use, otherwise it will have to get washed.
It is a challenge to wear it indeed, a huge amount of silk to handle. I have several 140cm silk squares and really like to wear those, but these rectangles are a different challenge.
With the bright red border a toga comes to my mind. Or a pareo...
And it can still be folded into a 90 cm square and worn like these.
I even consider opening a thread for this format to collect ideas, but am afraid, not enough people will be interested and the photos I took are rather wacky and experimental...
I think it is interesting, that for the Plages des Normades the long border is accented, whereas it is the short border of Aloha.
I think it looks lovely on you, especially with light blue, lilac, dark purple, eggshell... The design and the colors are amazing. But if there is too much fabric, you might find it cumbersome.
Nomad's words are words of wisdom.
Keep it if it makes you feel happy to look at it, to own it and to wear it, without any doubt or regret.

I love the scarf/shawl/stole but for me it's a pass. IMHO it acts as a substitute for clothing or jewelry. By that, I mean, it's so voluminous it covers up whatever you're wearing. It will hide a beautiful dress. It will hide a beautiful necklace.
It might be useful if you want to give a punch to something plain and nondescript, but on the other-hand, why? Why not put that money into a wardrobe update to buy something you don't want to hide. Just my thoughts . . .

i got the same size but a different print and fabric(men’s line), and my usage of it is pretty straight forward: draped without any frills like one of Nomad’s lovely pictures, blazer on top, for work. I moved to the US from Europe and the whole “let’s freeze in AC” thing really doesn’t agree with my body, so I love wearing scarves that are cute but also large enough to cover my upper body as soon as I need it. I’m notworried about covering up my dress or whatever.

ETA: I don’t find 90s large enough and I don’t like the square format of CSGMs for this

@HoneyLocks I am drawn to the nostalgia of the design. I also have been hunting for the perfect colorway of it in 90. I love the fun, warm, and emotional fuzzies I feel with looking at your shawl in it’s fun summer colors and stripes. I love the graphics of the beach cabanas. I love the first pic of first post with it draped, and think how nice it would be over a solid colored summer dress for some added warmth and panache. I love it with the aqua and lilac and your outfit today. Love it. Yet I see it is doubled over in first pic! That’s a lot of fabric!! I can barely wear any silk in spring and summer due to the warmth of it and that’s with gavs through 90’s. So to me, it doesn’t seem worth the investment for the amount of times I could use it. But plenty of scarfies love a design so much it doesn’t matter to them how much they wear it. As far as color, I personally have problems w yellow. There are two very specific tones of yellow that I can handle seeing on me. It’s too hard to tell in photos if it doesn’t look good on you against your skin. It’s a mirror, and in-person thing to see what it does to complexion, imo. I wish I could help on that. Lastly, I believe if there is one thing a scarfie dislikes on a scarf then it shouldn’t be kept. My advice is to always return. Struggling to tie a scarf so one doesn’t see the part that bothers them, is just too much of a pain imo. We should be able to throw them on, any which way, and love its ability to spark joy. Love everything about it equals keeping it. One little thing I don’t like about a scarf in design or color means I won’t wear it. My rules to live by w keeping scarves now. I’m better at it now than before lol. Thus a big sell pile
What matters is if you will wear it. And if you have enough in your closet to go with it, which you do! It also looks great corralled in a long line in front of you.

Thank you for taking the time to write such an elaborate answer.
Yes, it does give me the fuzzies, I love how versatile it is. And I do not mind so much if there are parts I do not like as much, if the overall scarf "sparks joy". It can be folded like I did and can be used as a wrap when it gets colder in the evening. Hey, I might even use it as a blankie when napping on hot summer days ;)
I still have to try it on with some of my jackets, I suspect, there will be some matches as well.

I especially like it with ocean blue and eggshell. It very uplifting and pretty and goes well with your hair. Cool bag, too.

Thank you. Too bad the ocean and the eggshell dress are several sizes apart.
The bag is a Mulberry Amberley, very practical for every day use.

I think it looks lovely on you, especially with light blue, lilac, dark purple, eggshell... The design and the colors are amazing. But if there is too much fabric, you might find it cumbersome.
Nomad's words are words of wisdom.
Keep it if it makes you feel happy to look at it, to own it and to wear it, without any doubt or regret.

Actually, I put so many folds and wrinkles into it, they might reject a return at this point.
And I really like how cheerful it is and how versatile.

i got the same size but a different print and fabric(men’s line), and my usage of it is pretty straight forward: draped without any frills like one of Nomad’s lovely pictures, blazer on top, for work. I moved to the US from Europe and the whole “let’s freeze in AC” thing really doesn’t agree with my body, so I love wearing scarves that are cute but also large enough to cover my upper body as soon as I need it. I’m notworried about covering up my dress or whatever.

ETA: I don’t find 90s large enough and I don’t like the square format of CSGMs for this

Oh, please post yours as well, I am curious what you are talking about.

Last edited:
I did the math:
giant silk square 140x140 cm = 19 600 cm²
the rectangle: 90x180 cm = 16 200 cm²

So it is actually less silk than the giant silk square. And I really like wearing those, too bad there are not more of them issued. It is a different challenge to wear it, as it folds very differently. But I like getting creative with it:
Ruffles.jpgshrug.jpg

It even goes with the pendant I have been gifted recently (white moon stone):
pendant.jpg

For the price of the rectangle I could rent one of the pictured Parasols in Deauville for about 5 weeks, assuming the prices of 2018 when I took the picture:

Deauville.jpg

Last edited:
I did the math:
the rectalngle: 90x180cm = 16 200 cm²

So it is actually less silk than the giant silk square. And I really like wearing those, too bad there are not more of them issued. It is a different challenge to wear it, as it folds very differently. But I like getting creative with it:
View attachment 5400832View attachment 5400833

View attachment 5400836

For the price of the rectangle I could rent one of the pictured Parasols in Deauville for about 5 weeks, assuming the prices of 2018:

View attachment 5400841

It may be less silk, it may be a lot of money but it looks amazing :sunshine:

You’ve got it!

I don’t have a picture with it on but this sort of thing with blazer covering is what I’m talking about:
View attachment 5400847
The actual feel/weight of this scarf is right up my alley btw, very Goldilocks (not too heavy not too delicate).
It looks very sheer on the website, folds so small.
I like how your Eveline compliments the contrast hem, very nice arrangement!

Reactions: hotgalaxy and Lejic
It looks very sheer on the website, folds so small.
I like how your Eveline compliments the contrast hem, very nice arrangement!
It’s actually not sheer, especially not if you fold it. Interesting fabric mix in my opinion. It’s not-sheer enough that for the first time I wondered if I should try to wrap a scarf as a top! Then realized I’m not talented enough

But also yes, it folds very small! When I got the box I thought there was a mistake.

I did the math:
the rectalngle: 90x180cm = 16 200 cm²

View attachment 5400836

For the price of the rectangle I could rent one of the pictured Parasols in Deauville for about 5 weeks, assuming the prices of 2018 when I took the picture:

View attachment 5400841
The contrast hem is awesome! Perfect for your first tie with the flower bloom at the tie point. Can’t get enough of those great graphics. Like said before I love the charm of this design. N Thanks for pic of Deauville, I wish I was there :smile:
You also have inspired me to wear my lone 140 sgm to see how I handle the weight in 65 degree weather this week.

The contrast hem is awesome! Perfect for your first tie with the flower bloom at the tie point. Can’t get enough of those great graphics. Like said before I love the charm of this design. N Thanks for pic of Deauville, I wish I was there :smile:
You also have inspired me to wear my lone 140 sgm to see how I handle the weight in 65 degree weather this week.
So do I. Maybe I can convert the scarf into a flying carpet?

I did the math:
the rectangle: 90x180 cm = 16 200 cm²

View attachment 5400836

View attachment 5400841
The more I see your shawl, the more I love it, the colors are a delight, your knot is beautiful. Thank your for posting these inspiring pictures :graucho: