Scarves Spring/summer 2022 scarves

I believe Vancouver in Canada is the only store that has ordered the brides de gala marble scarf. They have 2 and I am lucky enough to get one last week while I was visiting the city. The SA told me that Toronto (my hometown) did ordered any.

Thanks for reconfirming! My SA told me the same thing (I shop at the same store) but I was very on the fence about the jacquard with everyone's mod pics. I'll pass on this one.

I believe Vancouver in Canada is the only store that has ordered the brides de gala marble scarf. They have 2 and I am lucky enough to get one last week while I was visiting the city. The SA told me that Toronto (my hometown) did ordered any.
My SA tried Vancouver and US online store to no avail! Congrats on finding one :smile: maybe the Hermes gods will smile on me who knows

Reactions: hotgalaxy and Nomad
So, I decided to take one for the team and order a scarf that I really wanted to see here first. So, now that it finally arrived I took the time tro create the content I wanted to see myself, hoping it will help others. And asking for advice.
Are you ready to get flooded in pictures?
rectangle28.jpg

Please be pretty! Please be pretty! And please, look good on me...

Last edited:
I really was intrigued by the design, as soon as I saw it. I already was looking for its predecessor, a vintage silk square. I visited Normandy a few years ago and really liked it there, so it will bring back memories when wearing it. And the CW looks so summery :girlsigh:.
But it is huge, this will be too much silk for summer. And the yellow and grenadine, not my most flattering colors...
plages.jpg

Here comes the tricky part: I do not like these colors (yellow, grenadine) close to my face. Please, I need some input.
rectangle11.jpgrectangle12.jpgrectangle14.jpgrectangle16.jpg
The last shirt (soft lilac)picks up the lilac tones of the scarf rather well. But trying it on I knew how it ended at the bottom of the pile, not being worn in a long time. Not my best color.

Sorry for the blurred face, usually I prefer cropping, but I left it in on purpose, so you can give me an hones reply, how badly it clashes with my skin.

Last edited:
It seems like it is… I haven’t been keeping up very well, is this a new format? It looks like twill or summer twill (which would make sense).
Has anyone used a scarf this size?
I like aloha but my goodness it looks huge.
My SA sent me those Aloha colors that she will be receiving in the store. View attachment 5322563
I see that the Aloha and Charmes des Plages Normandes rectangles are on the US site. They look lovely but I have no idea how one would wear them! They appear unwieldy to me. I would love to see some modeling shots if anyone has purchased.
This is beautiful! How are you planning to wear it--as a shawl?
I tried this on as well. Not sure how practical it is to wear but interested if anyone can find a way!

See my previous posts. It is luscious "normal" silk twill. I hope it will soften with use, otherwise it will have to get washed.
It is a challenge to wear it indeed, a huge amount of silk to handle. I have several 140cm silk squares and really like to wear those, but these rectangles are a different challenge.
With the bright red border a toga comes to my mind. Or a pareo...
And it can still be folded into a 90 cm square and worn like these.
I even consider opening a thread for this format to collect ideas, but am afraid, not enough people will be interested and the photos I took are rather wacky and experimental...
I think it is interesting, that for the Plages des Normades the long border is accented, whereas it is the short border of Aloha.

Last edited:
They also have this highlighted as part of the new collection that I don’t recall being mentioned before ? It’s a rectangle. I think this is the one early on, from the sneak peeks, we were guessing was a beach towel.

“Color thinks big on silk with this printed rectangle. The little extra? It creates a new look, revisiting the comfort of a shawl draped around the shoulders. Loïc Dubigeon’s design Charmes des plages normandes follows the seaside ambiance trend and opts for summery colors.”
View attachment 5290495
I wonder, how this look was created, especially how the model was able to move without the scarf not slipping off.

Reactions: shrpthorn
See my previous posts. It is luscious "normal" silk twill. I hope it will soften with use, otherwise it will have to get washed.
It is a challenge to wear it indeed, a huge amount of silk to handle. I have several 140cm silk squares and really like to wear those, but these rectangles are a different challenge.
With the bright red border a toga comes to my mind. Or a pareo...
And it can still be folded into a 90 cm square and worn like these.
I even consider opening a thread for this format to collect ideas, but am afraid, not enough people will be interested and the photos I took are rather wacky and experimental...
I think it is interesting, that for the Plages des Normades the long border is accented, whereas it is the short border of Aloha.
I love the scarf/shawl/stole but for me it's a pass. IMHO it acts as a substitute for clothing or jewelry. By that, I mean, it's so voluminous it covers up whatever you're wearing. It will hide a beautiful dress. It will hide a beautiful necklace.
It might be useful if you want to give a punch to something plain and nondescript, but on the other-hand, why? Why not put that money into a wardrobe update to buy something you don't want to hide. Just my thoughts . . .

@HoneyLocks I am drawn to the nostalgia of the design. I also have been hunting for the perfect colorway of it in 90. I love the fun, warm, and emotional fuzzies I feel with looking at your shawl in it’s fun summer colors and stripes. I love the graphics of the beach cabanas. I love the first pic of first post with it draped, and think how nice it would be over a solid colored summer dress for some added warmth and panache. I love it with the aqua and lilac and your outfit today. Love it. Yet I see it is doubled over in first pic! That’s a lot of fabric!! I can barely wear any silk in spring and summer due to the warmth of it and that’s with gavs through 90’s. So to me, it doesn’t seem worth the investment for the amount of times I could use it. But plenty of scarfies love a design so much it doesn’t matter to them how much they wear it. As far as color, I personally have problems w yellow. There are two very specific tones of yellow that I can handle seeing on me. It’s too hard to tell in photos if it doesn’t look good on you against your skin. It’s a mirror, and in-person thing to see what it does to complexion, imo. I wish I could help on that. Lastly, I believe if there is one thing a scarfie dislikes on a scarf then it shouldn’t be kept. My advice is to always return. Struggling to tie a scarf so one doesn’t see the part that bothers them, is just too much of a pain imo. We should be able to throw them on, any which way, and love its ability to spark joy. Love everything about it equals keeping it. One little thing I don’t like about a scarf in design or color means I won’t wear it. My rules to live by w keeping scarves now. I’m better at it now than before lol. Thus a big sell pile
What matters is if you will wear it. And if you have enough in your closet to go with it, which you do! It also looks great corralled in a long line in front of you.