Spring Summer 2017

If it's not your aesthetic it's not your aesthetic. To compare it to The Emperor's New Clothes is quite insulting for those who appreciate it.

Not really. Supreme's business model reads quite a lot like the Emperor's New Clothes... it's all manufactured hype. Their clothes are released only in small batches and within certain timeframes to create an inflated demand. These items really aren't the pinnacle of high fashion, but perceived exclusivity makes it more appealing. Really? Waiting in line for this?
C6cpr9iwiM8.jpg

Jl-TaRafOLY1.jpg

I LOVE the Louis Vuitton x Supreme collaboration. I love urban street wear and think it's a fantastic collab.
Some LV consumers may not be familiar with brands like Supreme, Bape, Fear of God, etc. and that's ok. But just to give you an idea, anything Supreme related sell out in seconds and the re-sell value is marked up 5x the price and is comparable or even more to LV RTW prices, which people who can't usually "afford" LV will drop on Supreme in a second. This collab is the ultimate holy grail for the Supreme consumers so if you see people lining up the day it drops sometime during the Fall and sell out in seconds, do NOT be surprised.

Ps. I am female and I enjoy my classics, but I am seriously excited for this. haha
I agree 100%! I love street wear too and I am so excited for this collection. I think it will sell out fast once it's released. I definitely want to get an SLG at least! :loveeyes:

Not really. Supreme's business model reads quite a lot like the Emperor's New Clothes... it's all manufactured hype. Their clothes are released only in small batches and within certain timeframes to create an inflated demand. These items really aren't the pinnacle of high fashion, but perceived exclusivity makes it more appealing. Really? Waiting in line for this?
C6cpr9iwiM8.jpg

Jl-TaRafOLY1.jpg

This business model is the new model for handbags as well. Does anyone else feel the hype?

What I heard is LV wants hype and exclusivity with some of their products. During a conversation with some managers, I was told LV makes limited bags, which usually sell out in pre-order at the fashion shows, but they still listed on their website with the caveat "call for availability". They also do limited bags available to the public, bags only available in specific countries (though available to view online in all countries) and bags with staggered releases (not one release date) and staggered color releases. So what we hear as a certain release date might be Europe only and the US or Canada release date is two weeks later.

LV has also decided to individualize boutiques (just like Chanel). Not every boutique will have all the colors and the new styles. Our Nordstrom boutiques will be carrying bright colors and our free-standing boutique will be carrying black and more earthy tones. Any boutique can try to get any bag in as a request, but be prepared, your choice may not be (readily) available.

I don't like this business model. It's frustrating. I wish they wouldn't create for specific countries (especially Japan and China only). Everyone else might like the style. I wish they would pull items from the website that are sold-out and not in production, instead of leaving them up and creating customer false hope.
You can probably tell I've called customer service a few times.:crybaby:

I guess LV likes the hype it creates. It's so popular!

This business model is the new model for handbags as well. Does anyone else feel the hype?

What I heard is LV wants hype and exclusivity with some of their products. During a conversation with some managers, I was told LV makes limited bags, which usually sell out in pre-order at the fashion shows, but they still listed on their website with the caveat "call for availability". They also do limited bags available to the public, bags only available in specific countries (though available to view online in all countries) and bags with staggered releases (not one release date) and staggered color releases. So what we hear as a certain release date might be Europe only and the US or Canada release date is two weeks later.

LV has also decided to individualize boutiques (just like Chanel). Not every boutique will have all the colors and the new styles. Our Nordstrom boutiques will be carrying bright colors and our free-standing boutique will be carrying black and more earthy tones. Any boutique can try to get any bag in as a request, but be prepared, your choice may not be (readily) available.

I don't like this business model. It's frustrating. I wish they wouldn't create for specific countries (especially Japan and China only). Everyone else might like the style. I wish they would pull items from the website that are sold-out and not in production, instead of leaving them up and creating customer false hope.
You can probably tell I've called customer service a few times.:crybaby:

I guess LV likes the hype it creates. It's so popular!
This is precisely the reason I don't shop Chanel and Hermes... be careful LV, you're gonna lose customers like me who are not interested in the chase.

C6cpr9iwiM8.jpg

Jl-TaRafOLY1.jpg
Lol! There are tons of these kind of designs in the markets of Korea and Japan... all available to the masses at $20 each... in ANY Color too! :P

To each their own, but I'm glad I'm not the target of this Supreme collection, because I found it hideous. However, I'm not familiar with this brand and maybe that's the reason why I don't like or understand the collab pieces.

Its funny you say this... when something new comes out and I don't like it, there is a little part of me that rejoices because I won't have to stress about getting it and saving all my pennies or freaking out about availability! I literally never dress super casual... I don't own one sweatshirt or a pair of sweatpants, but I know those cool Supreme fans are going to go nuts for this collab. My wallet, thankfully is safe from this one. Can't say the same about the Valentines gradient Vernis or those overpriced pencils and office supplies that I Must Have! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji162][emoji430][emoji422]️

This is how every luxury boutique operates, not just at Louis Vuitton. Each location has its own kind of clienteles, not every one of them is the same. The job of a manager/buyer is to determine what's the local clientele will like, and make a product offering for the each of the store based on that.

Also, smaller stores physically don't have the capacity to stock every single items. That requires a great deal of physical space back of house, and why waste space and money stocking items that won't sell well in the region?

Reactions: Born4thjuly
Its funny you say this... when something new comes out and I don't like it, there is a little part of me that rejoices because I won't have to stress about getting it and saving all my pennies or freaking out about availability! I literally never dress super casual... I don't own one sweatshirt or a pair of sweatpants, but I know those cool Supreme fans are going to go nuts for this collab. My wallet, thankfully is safe from this one. Can't say the same about the Valentines gradient Vernis or those overpriced pencils and office supplies that I Must Have! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji162][emoji430][emoji422]️
I'm with you here! :lol: