spring dylan 2012

Awwww, maybe it will come back, write them a letter! :hugs:

I think it's great that LP likes to bring in new styles but I wish they'd have some of their popular bags stay regulars as well.
I have posted on the FB, and emailed them. I personally think the DZT and DMT should be in all collections in all possible colors. Those are probably their two best-selling bags and frankly are the reason people probably know about the line at all. I really feel like not keeping those is actually detrimental to their brand. Esp since 80% or more of their sales probably come from online buyers, with no B&M outlet in their city.

I actually thought going to sleep might take some of the frustration away, but it just made it worse! Grr!

Sorry, Ame. I really like the Dylan Crossbody Tote. But, I'm a little confused about the measurements.

"4.25 inches in height by 14.5 inches length and 5 inch width." Doesn't seem like the height is quite right. Any thoughts?
That's likely a typo, I think it's supposed to be a wider "medium" tote. 14.25x14.5 by 5. But that's not the DMT design, it's something different, and I find it fug! It looks CHEAP like something you'd get at Target. Their amazing leather cannot even save it.

I have to say, I am disappointed too. I love the colors, but do not like any of the styles, especially the Dylan zip shoulder.....sigh, where would I even begin with that one.

I have also been saving, was hoping for a scotch. Will be holding on to that extra cash for now!

This was their response to my asking about Dylan Medium:

Linea Pelle Collection
The Triple Zip Speedy is the same size as the Dylan Medium Tote and the Dylan Crossbody Tote has the same functionality. The Zip feature gives the Spring Dylan its edge. Either are a great pick for Spring.
11 minutes ago · Like · 1

Linea Pelle Collection
Because there is such love for the Dylan Medium Tote we will have more Black up in March.... Hope that helps.
8 minutes ago · Like

Ame
It helps, but I was waiting on a Dylan Medium Tote in Scotch since November 2011. I honestly wish that the Dylan Zip Tote and Medium Tote would be year round staples in both Scotch and Black, permanent to your brand regardless of seasonal offerings. That's what made your brand what it is, that's what gets people to notice your brand.
6 minutes ago · Like

Linea Pelle Collection
Thanks for your post.

The triple zip speedy is NOT even CLOSE to the same dimensions or size. Neither is the same functionality. They seriously RUINED their brand in my eyes with this change. I am actually for some reason insulted by what they put out this season. It looks cheap and generic, vs how their bags usually look. So now when I tell someone its Linea Pelle, where before Id talk about how you can get one in a different color on their site, now I have to follow it up with "but they don't make bags as nice as this anymore so see if you can find something similar elsewhere from a different brand."

I asked them in November on their Facebook wall about this bag being in for Spring and they told me it would be. So I know people think I am overreacting but now I don't want to buy ANYTHING from them and I waited and held onto my money waiting for it, to pay for in full on their website, not go to a site like ebags or whatever. So instead of the $500 they might have gotten they won't get any this season. Ok I have to stop stewing about this.

Just got an email back:
Dear Ms. XXX,
Hello and thank you for contacting Linea Pelle.

We will be bringing back the Dylan Medium Tote at the very end of April.
Our Spring release is divided up each month. At that time the Scotch will be available.

Have a wonderful day.

Regards,
LP Collection Customer Service

I got the tmoro from MOB at that price too! :biggrin: Right now it is my only Dylan Medium Tote though.

I just ordered mine last night. I almost PM'ed you to see if you still had pics. ;)
Honestly, I probably wouldn't have ordered it if I hadn't seen the awful bags that LP plans on releasing. I figured I better grab a DMT while I still can.

Well, I am not thrilled to wait another 3 months (a total of 6!), but if it actually IS available and in that color, then yes Ill be pretty happy!

That's good to know it's coming and I hope the intel is correct! If I can find the conversation on Facebook I'll back you up because I'd love to see it make a return as well. :smile: