Spring Break Help

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Im planning my Spring Break Trip which will be March 9th - March 15th. Originally my friends and I decided on going to Miami for Spring Break, but it kept changing. So now we have finally decided that Miami is definitely where we want to go, the only problem is we looked today and the places that we want are booked. The other option we have for Florida is Orlando. The problem with that is that some of the girls feel that Orlando is not a Spring Break vacation but a family vacation. Do you guys believe that Orlando is more for the family? Also what other places are good for Spring Break? Btw we are college sophomores ages 19 and 20.

Thanks!

2. I took my kids to DisneyWorld last year for Spring Break. There are a lot of families, but there were also lots of people your age. One thing about going to the parks, it is very expensive. I don't know if that is a concern. There is no beach in Orlando (some people don't relize that). We also visited my Dad in Naples. While Naples is not a Spring Break party town, near by Ft. Myers Beach is. Another fun place is Key West. Have you looked at Ft. Lauderdale or West Palm Beach? Both are close to Miami. We'll be in Naples and Key West at the end of March.

3. Miami is definately where you should go. There are a million hotels on Collins ave (south beach) I used to stay at the Days Inn on 16th street and Collins.. it was $80 a night and right on the beach!
    Also there are many hotels a little north or in Miami proper and car rentals are very reasonable...

4. okay so I checked the rates for those days and its more than when I stayed there three years ago! (I was by myself in a single room) but for a double room (4 ppl) it is $145 a night.. Still not bad!! Its literally RIGHT on the ocean..actually built in front of the Setai (the new $1000/nt place) and blocks its beach access. Lol..
    just google "Days Inn South Beach"

5. thanks so much! Were hoping that we can get in on Miami. Were using my parents timeshare so it would be $139 for the entire week and we'll just split the cost between 4 people.

6. #6 Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
    I say .. go with Miami .. but if that doesn't work. How about The Keys?