Spring 2017 Runway Bag Collection

I don't care for this at all, but I hated the black out bags at first and now they're growing on me, so who knows ?!
Ain't that the truth though? I still don't care for the blackout bags but I don't dislike them as much as I first did. And I'm starting to obsess over the Blackout Valentines Day bag, in black. The graffiti seems to balance out the lack of hardware and the longer strap makes it much more attractive. I'll have to watch the secondary market...I also think it will look great broken in...but I can honestly say I don't think the ottoman will ever find favour in my eyes...

Ain't that the truth though? I still don't care for the blackout bags but I don't dislike them as much as I first did. And I'm starting to obsess over the Blackout Valentines Day bag, in black. The graffiti seems to balance out the lack of hardware and the longer strap makes it much more attractive. I'll have to watch the secondary market...I also think it will look great broken in...but I can honestly say I don't think the ottoman will ever find favour in my eyes...
You're reading my mind lol !!!

Reactions: muchstuff
I don't care for this at all, but I hated the black out bags at first and now they're growing on me, so who knows ?!

^^^^!!! Blackout hooked me as well- bought the small size in black. New City S size is perfect for this bag. Seems to have hooked others as well: the small size in black is mostly sold out (handful of returns coming back into limited circulation). Know this because some of those returns made their way to me before I went big and purchased directly from Bal. This is a perfect (albeit costly) way to downsize to smaller, lighter daily bag that's recognizable only by fellow TPFers. Loving it.

Joining Muchstuff in the resistance of Bal ottoman bag. Nobody under 6 feet could ever carry this thing with anything in it. These defy description beyond "ottoman".

I have to admit seeing it smooshed against a person is almost enough to make me consider it, at least in the more affordable small size
View attachment 3619922

I actually love the way this is styled. I agree that it is a frustrating bag to actually use, though.

What website is this picture from? I'm interested in the Balenciaga jacket the model is wearing. I haven't seen it anywhere in black!

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
There is a smaller version of this bag, with a shoulder strap and dimensions W 30.0 cm H 14.0 cm D 30.0 cm.:
https://www.balenciaga.com/dk/air-hanbags_cod45340231ni.html

bal172.jpg

And also, I'm just so fashion savvy. Yesterday I wrote in another thread that this bag in the larger size reminded me of a leather cushion from North Africa, that someone gave my grandmother as a present. Well what do you know! On the Bal site this bag is actually described as "Moroccan footstool inspiration" :lol:

Okay, I saw the Large size (the one that retails for USD $1995) at Barneys today, and I ADORE it. I know --I thought this was the silliest bag design, but it is actually rather cool and novel in person. It's not unpractical like I thought it would be, either.

In fact, the funniest thing was that a woman was wearing the Small size (without the crossbody strap) in the store. She had gotten it a few weeks ago. We had a lovely chat about the new Bal bags, and we both agreed that we overall like the new direction. One funny thing she said about her bag had me in stitches. She told me that a woman came up to hear and asked if she bought it to carry plates!!! LOL