Spring 2010 - LV fox tail bag, a lil DIY for us?

i still like it. I'm all for fur. but i do believe they should make the process more humane. I think its a little sad that this fun little thread about DIY has been turned into an anti-fur crusade. I believe to check his own and you if dont like it that is perfectly fine with me. IMHO if you dont support fur you shouldnt support leather. If your for animal rights then dont eat meat. I find it rather hypocritical imho.

There are different reasons for people not liking fur, eating meat, etc.
Some have been outlined here and some havn't.

I don't feel this is an appropriate place to discuss the numerous reasons why someone may or may not eat meat, wear fur while still using leather, the underlying animal cruelty within certain practices, etc.

If someone wants to hear my reasoning for having been vegan for a year, disagreeing with fur, and whatnot feel free to PM me.

I honestly think that all of us have been very respectful in stating our opinions and have stayed on topic, no matter what the opinion was.

But I'm done posting in this particular thread. ;)

I don't do real fur for humane reasons but faux fur is alright with me. I think DIY anything can look good if you put some creativity and your own uniqueness in it.

Last edited:
I disagree that it's comparable to leather, with leather it's not done through inhumane practices, I don't think anyone has an issue with an animal being used for a purse, moreso the methods that are often used in obtaining the fur. I don't want to be a part of cruelty or sadistic measures in the name of fashion - it's not worth it to me. I actually like faux fur, but would never buy a bag that uses real fur, because there's no guarantee how it was collected.

I also have my limits with leather, I only use bags with cow leather because.. well, I don't like cows.. but I won't use deerskin, or lambskin.

I definitely, definitely won't use real fur, though, in any case.

Cows are animals too. When I drive by farms and see the poor creatures, my heart just melts. They have hearts, and minds too. You're not really standing for a cause if you support cowhide but don't support deerskin. :S

Real fur is a deal breaker for me.

Plus I really don't like the look of them. Just like I thought the "rabbit ears" from the runway show earlier this year were hideous.

Real fur is a deal breaker for me.

Plus I really don't like the look of them. Just like I thought the "rabbit ears" from the runway show earlier this year were hideous.

ITA with you about the fur and the hideous rabbit ears on the runway. I can say double for Madonna with the ears too.

BTW, I can't help but noticing that your avatar has Madonna with the rabbit ears holding the Irene handbag. :confused1: So, I am a little confused whether you hate the rabbit ears only for the runway or in general. For me, I don't like them at all. :tdown: :nogood: