Spring 2010 - LV fox tail bag, a lil DIY for us?

I hate these bags. I hate the use of fur for anything. I totally agree with designingstyle. I will go further and admit that I once saw a documentary on how CATS yes cats are trapped and skinned alive for their fur. I cried myself to sleep. NO WAY IN H--L. Shame LV.

I personally do not like these things, they're huge and weird. I'm not anti-fur and am definitely not any kind of activist, but I think these are strange looking, definitely made more for shock value than style. The fur pieces they HAVE been coming out with lately are gaudy IMO. There's a difference between subtle, tasteful fur trim and a huge furry THING hanging from your bag (or your jeans, as the pictures show).

Off topic: I now see why I can never get rid of that LV bag with fur trim that I got forever ago. Stupid me for even buying it, no one wants it, I didn't realize so many people had such a strong anti-fur stance. It's why I only buy things I LOVE now and as beautiful as it is, I don't love it.

Let's not turn this into a thread about animal rights! Some live fur (like me) and some do not (fair enough). This is a fashion forum! If someone posts a leather jacket it will be morally wring for some of us out there but you wouldn't expect the thread to be hijacked. Some people disagree with fishing, foir gras, exotics and even wool.

If you like it the fine and if you don't then fine too. All I respectfully ask is that we stay on topic.

Friends - please stay on topic.

I do think everyone has stayed on topic...you asked if anyone would be buying it and people answered your question . We also all basically listed our opinion about "adding a lil fur to our other bags" and the reasoning behind our opinions.

Some people love it, some don't. No harm, no foul.

Sorry if some people don't agree with you (myself included) but we are staying on topic :smile:

LV's use of fur in the present climate when people are thankfully so aware of the horrible suffering of the animals makes me sick & frankly puts me right off the brand! Why would I want to prance around with the tail of a beautiful animal that should be still alive & may have been mercilessly killed on my shoulder?
Some may chime in now that we wear leather shoes & bags but cows are killed anyway for their meat & most definitely not skinned alive!!!!!

I disagree that it's comparable to leather, with leather it's not done through inhumane practices, I don't think anyone has an issue with an animal being used for a purse, moreso the methods that are often used in obtaining the fur. I don't want to be a part of cruelty or sadistic measures in the name of fashion - it's not worth it to me. I actually like faux fur, but would never buy a bag that uses real fur, because there's no guarantee how it was collected.

I also have my limits with leather, I only use bags with cow leather because.. well, I don't like cows.. but I won't use deerskin, or lambskin.

I definitely, definitely won't use real fur, though, in any case.

Off topic: I now see why I can never get rid of that LV bag with fur trim that I got forever ago. Stupid me for even buying it, no one wants it, I didn't realize so many people had such a strong anti-fur stance. It's why I only buy things I LOVE now and as beautiful as it is, I don't love it.

Personally, I think your Chinchilla Denim Demi Lune to be a very beautiful bag. It's a shame you don't like it anymore.

i still like it. I'm all for fur. but i do believe they should make the process more humane. I think its a little sad that this fun little thread about DIY has been turned into an anti-fur crusade. I believe to check his own and you if dont like it that is perfectly fine with me. IMHO if you dont support fur you shouldnt support leather. If your for animal rights then dont eat meat. I find it rather hypocritical imho.