Spring 2006 Color Question

BalenciagaLove

Plisse Me!
Feb 4, 2006
I bought the emerald twiggy and absolutely love it. The rust also catches my eye, but I tend not to be an orangish-red sort of person. Warm yellow hues make me look like I have jaundice. Those two are my favorite in terms of summer colors.

murasaki

Balenciaga Forever
Jan 7, 2006
I'm not much of a fan of those colors now... I initially liked the sound of emerald but having actually seen it, I'm not so hot on that color anymore either especially with the leather... eesh. If I had to choose, probably the camel/beige one.

style101

Tangerine Crush
O.G.
Mar 5, 2006
I actually just received the rust in the mail today and it's different than how I'd pictured it. I'd previously seen a picture of it and it had looked like a bright orange-red - IRL, it's more of a bright (very bright) maybe pumpkin-color orange - I don't see as much red in it as I'd thought there would be. It will probably be a color that people either love or hate and it will also be difficult to match with clothing. I adore it, but it probably won't appeal to everyone.

The green is different than I thought it would be too - maybe a little deeper than the bright emerald I'd pictured. And the beige/camel color is basically just a slightly darker shade than the Fall 2005 Caramel.

The leather on these is not the greatest - still pretty shiny and veiny (and my SA hand-picked these, so I can imagine how bad some of the others might be), so keep that in mind if the newer leather bothers you.

Jan 25, 2006
style101 said:
I'll definitely try to post some pics as soon as I can - I'm curious how the rust will photograph as well, since it looks different than what I'd imagined.

Thanks. I can't wait to see them. What type of bag did you get? I am one of the so-called "haters" of this color, but perhaps it was the bag that I saw. (I saw it in the hobo.) I would be curious to see it in a smaller style bag as I think it might not be as overwhelming. Did you get the cognac and the emerald colors too?