spreading RM love

manke

basket case
Feb 16, 2009
i gave my mommy a purple lizard mac recently, and she loves it! it's her first smaller bag (she doesn't have to carry much anymore since all her kids are grown up, but she never downsized her bags), as well as her first non-neutral bag (she was mad at me at first b/c she thought it was black but i told her it's actually dark purple).

she loves how you can wear it multiple ways, and she likes that it actually goes with a huge range of clothing colors and that it's okay for casual occasions as well as dressy ones.

the only thing she wouldn't like is the price if she knew (b/c she never heard of minkoff before). she thinks the bag was $30-$50ish. :nuts:

it looks great on her (she's 55) and her friends have been asking about her bag, too.

who have you converted to RM IRL, and how did it happen? :blush:

i've converted my younger sister.
like when i started becoming obsessed w/ RM bags, she would give me looks and ask me what was soooo special w/ RM. and i would tell her about the amazing designs and leathers used for each of the bags...

it wasn't 'til the Black Cat MAM appeared on the shopping sites tat my sister was mesmerized w/ RM.
lol..like me...she started going on the sites that sold this bag every single day just to see the pictures and find any discount codes :P

she finally got her bag around March (the time her bday would arrive :smile:) and ever since then she has not laid eyes on another bag or brand.

lol, i'm proud of myself to convert someone to the RM side :biggrin:

madbrinks, i looked at your thread before and you two look so great with your RMs! and i never thought black cat was special from looking at stock photos until i saw it in your thread, and now i'm in love with it, too.

GREAT STORY. I love when my mom loves bags I love. But it doesn't happen often because my mom's all about blacks/browns, and I hate black/brown bags.

I've converted 3 friends though!!

We all went to the LA SS together, and I didn't think they'd all buy stuff, but they did!

My friend bought a mini Nikki in grape (and loves it and wears it all the time!), my other friend bought a brown MAC (and I think she wants more!), and my other friend bought a mini Nikki in navy blue. I don't get to see her as often since she lives in LA, but I thinks he uses it/likes it! :biggrin:

I am in the process of converting my sis and mom. :smile:

Gave my sis my Teal Benjamins and my mom, the white croc Kiss and Makeup pouch.

I was hoping that when I get my 2 MACs in, I can show it to them and they'll want those from me! :P

I've converted my best friend, and her cousin within 2 months( they both acquired 2 bags each in that short time). Still spreading RM love and hope to have more converts.

How cute! Would love to see pics of your mom rocking her bag! :P I'd love to convert my mom but she thinks my bags are SO heavy! She' only 4'11 and she thinks the Kooba I passed on to her is heavy.

So far I've converted my best friend, and 3 other girls we hang out with!