Spray Tanning tips

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Here's my trial and errors lessons I've learned.

-Exfoliating night before is enough, no need to do it an hour before or anything.
-Use their BARRIER cream thick on the bottoms of your feet and toes, between your toes and across toenails and cuticles. I rub a little into my elbows and knees. Also make sure to use it thick on palms and cover nails/cuticles and between fingers.
My feet tan very quickly in the sun and I ALWAYS notice other people fake tan on their feet so I actually put a thin coat of barrier from my ankle bones down over my whole foot and backs of ankles. I also put a thin layers all over my hands from wrists down.
-It's okay to towel off excess after the spray tan, it won't affect the effect.
-Ask for the clear version if you don't want it to rub on your clothes a little.
-If you choose clear, you won't see color immediately like you will w/ the regular, it'll appear after a few hours.
-Do it in the morning so you can shower that night, don't exfoliate for a few days.

*surely I'm forgetting something . . . please add your tips!

Last edited:
Ok Swanky riddle me this.
I've done this twice now and have to go again this week. I always have a patch I miss on the outsides of my forearms. Like big stripes. What do you do with your arms? I hide the palms of my hands like I was taught, but I'm unsure if that is the cause of this :confused1:

for Versa Spa:
position 1} stand very straight up/chest out arms not touching body hands holding softballs w/ palms facing rear

position 2} King tut to the right/face & body to the right - both arms slightly bent - one behind and down, one in front and up

position 3} same thing but switch arms and turn to the other side

position 4} face the rear hands flat parallel to floor

For MyMyst you just open your arms out a little on the sides

Last edited:
Ok Mystic tells you to hide your palms in front of your body when your back is being sprayed. Like you would stand with your hands on your hips, but palms on your belly. So the part of the forearm facing down is where I miss tanner all the time. I am going to try these positions now! Thanks!!:tup:

^^you don't get your underarms/pits. . . which is more natural as hanging out in the sun you won't either.
Everytime I go I try and just slightly raise or lower my arms in positions 2 & 3 to slightly change any possible lines, but I have never seen any obvious lines from the spray.

I don't put the barrier cream on my feet. I just fold a towel in half & step on it... Afterwards to take the cream off my hands I unfold it & use the clean inside of the towel. I use both sides because they only provide one towel per customer at my salon.

I bring babywipes in my purse to wipe my hands too because my hands still seem to get a little more tan then I would like even after using the barrier cream.

Then I normally stand in front of a fan for about 3 minutes. They provide a fan in the room... Not sure if other places do this or not.

I don't wash off for a long time.. I even will go out with the Versaspa tan on... It doesn't feel sticky or smell very much to me so I don't mind leaving it on & even sleeping with it on.

So in regards to the clear vs. regular: the regular "cures" in a few hours, how long does it take the clear to "cure"? And is the regular a darker tan than the clear? and with the regular, how much is a little rubbing on clothes? Like I wear white, is that a problem?

Any info would be very appreciated! :flowers:

no, Mystic and Versa Spa are different - same theory but different products.
The Versa Spa & MyMyst booths I use both dry you before you get out.

The regular shows up pretty much immediately and finishes developing quickly after. Yes, it'll show up on white or light colors, but totally washes out.

I always use clear and my color had develops before the end of the day - I'd guess it develops slowly over maybe 4 hours{?} Kind of like a lot of home tanning lotions.
Clear and regular will result in the same color as long as you're comparing the levels.
For example 8 hours after you do "light color and clear" or "light color and regular" you'll have the same end result.

Last edited: