Spray guard on neverfull??

I assume you're referring to the vachetta? I use Apple Garde on my vachetta and I don't think you can "screw it up". I make sure I'm only spraying the vachetta by covering up the canvas with paper towel. There are some you tube videos on it and probably some threads you can read. I do a light coat, let it dry, repeat. I've not had any trouble. I'm sure others will chime if I've missed anything? Enjoy your new bag!

Reactions: MooMooVT
You are right that this has been asked many times, but I do not mind answering it again. There are those who do and those who don't. I do not because Louis Vuitton says not to, and I love the patina process. I also think that people who are relatively new to LV treat the vachetta because of the influence of social media. Years ago people took pride in the patina and thought it made them look like a "seasoned collector," lol.

Can you screw it up? Possibly. Years ago I sprayed the bottom of a Petit Noe, and the leather wrinkled. I probably used too much :sad: Everyone's experience is different. It's a personal decision whether you treat your leather or not, but you could get the same effect by allowing it to tan naturally.

Reactions: pale_septembre
Okay I know this has been asked before but should I spray any kind of protectant on my monogram neverfull before I ever use it? Is there a chance of screwing it up?
Have you read about patina champ ? You can find information here on TPF. I prefer this method rather than spraying chemicals on my bag. But it’s personal preference. :smile:

Reactions: BULL and cbarrus
I can’t decide what to do. I read the patina champ method and I’m not convinced that will work good and sounds like a lengthy process vs just spraying and drying. I can’t decide!

I can’t decide what to do. I read the patina champ method and I’m not convinced that will work good and sounds like a lengthy process vs just spraying and drying. I can’t decide!
Just to share.. Below is my 9 soon to be 10 years old speedy. No chemicals and I didn’t baby the bag at all. It was my baby bag and now my travel bag. But.. I am ok if you are still not convinced, no pressure.. I just want to share.. :graucho:
0CE62EB7-F251-42ED-AC42-9B7A98CC42BE.jpeg
7A2814F5-2E2A-443E-91C5-BA7CBEE358F4.png

I've used Apple Guard on both my NF's and Petit Noe with excellent results on all. I spray a light coat, let dry, then repeat. My patina is aging nicely but I mostly used it to help safeguard against water stains.

I really don't think you can go wrong whatever you decide!

Reactions: Loriad
Patina champ method on that one? You are supposed to start method before even using the bag right?
Yes, supposed to be on new bag. But my speedy is not. I did it after about 3 or 4 years. I do wipe it regularly at least once every 4 to 6 months. On all my other bags, I start the method before I use the bag.