Splurged, and got disappointed...

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
So I went to LV this afternoon and bought the Zippy Coin Purse. I originally went in thinking I would get the Business Cardholder, but Zippy just had a spotlight shining on it, and I knew that'd be the one I'd take home. The price couldn't be beat! For only $100 more, it had a zipper and tons of compartments! It's a really terrific wallet.

Well anyway, once I get home, I take the wallet out of the box to look it over one last time before storing it away and what do I see? A VERY crooked stitch! Stupid me, I should have checked it over in the store when she got the new one from the back. It's very noticeable to me. Should I drive the nearly 2 hours back to the store and exchange it? I do buy my LV's to use for LIFE, so it's not something I'll use for a few seasons and toss off to the side, it will be a lifetime piece. Should I exchange it, or just save the hassle and keep it? Considering mine is unique with it's cRaZy stitch...

HELP!!

Here are pics to show you what I mean...
The bad side:

DSCF4635.jpg

The good side:

DSCF4637.jpg

is it really bothering you? If so, the I would take it back. It's something you will have a lifetime, and you know if you don't take it back, you'll always be staring and thinking,,, why didn't I return it for a wallet with better stitching... that's how my brain works when I shell out money for expensive things haha. good luck with your decision :smile: keep us posted

I'm sorry you're disappointed, that's really a bummer. I don't think the crooked stitch will affect the life of the wallet, I think it will wear just as well, I think the most important thing is that it bothers you. If it bothers you then yes, I would definitely drive back to the boutique and exchange it for a perfect one! These items are not inexpensive and if it bugs you now, it will probably really but you if you keep it and start to use it. Congrats on your splurge though, I do really love ZCP! Good luck with your decision!

If it truly bothers you, take it back...I know it is a long drive, but call ahead and explain your situation. Maybe they will even send you a shipping label to send it back and when they get it replace it with a new one?

Absolutely not! If I spend a lot on something I expect perfection, and I don't think that's asking too much. After all, LV prides themselves on their long-standing tradition of meticulous craftsmanship...so they need to live up to that standard. I know I sound a bit hard, but I'm a perfectionist, so I can't help it...I'm as hard on myself as I am on other people. :smile:
Is this something that any of you could live with?

Is this something that any of you could live with?

No way. I've had a history with flawed luxury items. I had a ring with pink stones from a now-ex and one stone had spots in it. I hated it and everytime I wore it because all I could see were the flaws. Another now-ex bought me Dior sunglasses, and there was a chip of white paint missing from one of the Ds. I couldn't get myself to stop worrying about it. I couldn't return them without disappointing the people that gave them to me, but since this was your purchase, you're only disappointing yourself if you try to ignore the flaw.

Believe me, although it might be a small flaw, it will bother you because you expect it to be perfect. For that kind of money, it should be.