? Splurge on Fuschia Ostrich Birkin

Jun 6, 2009
Hello everyone

Have been offered a TDF Ostrich Fuschia Birkin

This is a "dream" bag for me ... but ...

...problem is that if I get this, will be stretching the funds a little and no more bags (or anything else non-basic for that matter - ie: no more clothes, shoes, girly stuff etc etc) for awhile

Shall I get this and make this my last H- or anything fancy- purchase for awhile? Or just let go and slowly grow collection over time?

Would like a Pink Birkin one day as a nice, happy bright colour etc etc
Have noted the comments on no more Pink bags (eg: from the Podium News thread)

All thoughts appreciated - Thanks !

cvw1004

O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
UK
If you think you can cope without any "non-basics" for however long it needs to be - I would definately say stretch for a pink birdie. I guess what you need to ask yourself is whether you will regret it or not in the long run. Mind you, I'm really bad for impulse buying so maybe not the best person to give an opinion. :nuts:

Onederland

homo-a-gogo!
O.G.
Apr 17, 2006
new york.
^i agree.

it just depends on how long "a while" is. And what else you might need.

It just seems like, from what you say, you'll have to stretch quite a bit to get this bag. Meaning, if you have to give up ALL your non-essentials. What if an emergency happens and you don't have the funds to cover for it?

There may not be pink bags for a while, but that doesn't mean Hermes will stop pink completely, or ostrich for that matter.

And you also have to consider..

is this REALLY your dream bag? Have you been pining away at it for ages? Or was this just presented to you recently, and you happened decide you really liked it?

I mean, will you come across this bag again? Maybe, maybe not. But that's a risk you have to weigh in on.

loves

O.G.
Sep 19, 2008
if stretching it means just no shopping and not no funds for emergencies, then go for it if it is your dream bag. or else wait, there'll always be a pink birkin or fuschia ostrich somewhere.

J

jacqualyn

get it..only if it means tht u arent going to lose ur home over it..i love it!

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
I think Hermes bags need a bit of planning for, so if you're sure this IS your dream bag I don't think you will regret it.

So long as you have a little food and a decent roof over your head go for it if it's your absolute dream bag because probably not having it and thinking about the one that got away will drive you as crazy as 'lack of funds'.

Just be honest with how much fiscal s.t.r..e...t--c---h you can take and for how long?

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
AB Ranch Montana USA
Fushia Birdies are beautiful...however they can get color changes and stains (esp.on the handles from oil on your hands) that may make you go nuts...if you just have your heart set on a pink Birkin..maybe just get a Fushia or Rose shocking in chevre? It will cost less and be more easy to carry day to day without freaking out due to regular wear and tear bumps and bruises and oily color changes...then you can still get your other girly needs met....and have money should you need it for emergencies?

jenyi

Jul 23, 2006
fuschia ostrich is one of the most sought after color/skin combo. You are very lucky to be offered one. But get it only if it doesn't put you in debt. BTW, Docride made some very good points. The handles on ostrich skins darken easily. The only way to avoid darkening of the handles is to use twillies ($125 each) or simply not to use the bag often. If it's a problem for you, then ask your SA if there's any way that you can order a rose shocking or fuschia chevre.

purseinsanity

I can't stoaaaaahp!!
O.G.
Apr 10, 2007
In "H"andbag "H"eaven
Fushia Birdies are beautiful...however they can get color changes and stains (esp.on the handles from oil on your hands) that may make you go nuts...if you just have your heart set on a pink Birkin..maybe just get a Fushia or Rose shocking in chevre? It will cost less and be more easy to carry day to day without freaking out due to regular wear and tear bumps and bruises and oily color changes...then you can still get your other girly needs met....and have money should you need it for emergencies?
Great post!

boo1689

happy happy joy joy
O.G.
Jun 24, 2008
~I Love LA~

Doc is absolutely right on this!! I find myself reaching for my non exotic bags and not my pink birdie because I can't get myself to treat her as an everyday bag. She deserves more pampering and caring;)

No doubt about how beautiful pink birdies is.... but if the timing isn't right and you are going to be filled with buyer's remorse, then that's not what the experience should be about! There are always other chances when the time if perfect. Good luck!!:smile:

Jun 13, 2007
If you ask yourself "realistically" if you are able to give up the other stuff, then I would say go for it. It's such a fantastic color and skin combo. My ostrich agenda is currently one of my favourite things and though it does tend to pick up stains and what not, I think the overall fabulousness should make up for it. Goodluck!