Splitsville! Kimora Lee and Russell Simmons

Coldplaylover said:
I love Kimora's energy and creativity....of course since she just turned 30 Russell had to go get himself a 23 year old model...

Whaaaaaat?!?

I heard that they'd split, but didn't hear the reason why. I assumed that she dumped him.:lol: Well, he likes them young; look at how young Kimora was when she married him.

Wow...I hope she keeps the house; it's so her.

I think it is very sad. Kimora has a new make up line at Sephora that hits the stores in April.....plus she has the Fabulosity book.....and kimoraleesimmons.com and babyphat.com and Goddess perfume and 2 very adorable daughters.

Just found this news release on Google:

NEW YORK: Hip-hop power couple Russell Simmons and Kimora Lee Simmons, a model and head of the Baby Phat fashion label, have separated after seven years of marriage.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]"Kimora and I will remain committed parents and caring friends with great love and admiration for each other," Simmons, 48, said in a statement issued by his agent. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]The statement said the couple, who have two daughters, had been separated for some time, although they had continued living under the same roof. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Simmons, the founder of Def Jam Records, which produced many of the top names in hip hop, married Kimora Lee in 1998 after meeting her when she was modelling at New York Fashion Week. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]The two are partners in various business ventures and Simmons – whose empire ranges from music to fashion, yoga and beverages – said they would still work together. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]"We will ... continue to work side by side on a daily basis as partners in all of our businesses," he said. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Considered a hip-hop pioneer, he started Def Jam with Rick Rubin in Rubin's dorm room at New York University in 1984. Def Jam was the original home to some of the first mainstream rap stars: Run-DMC, the Beastie Boys and Public Enemy. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]He sold Def Jam in 1999 for $100 million and it is now part of the Universal Music Group, part of French media conglomerate Vivendi Universal. [/FONT]

I adore Kimora, I think she is absolutely fabulous, love her style, and she's just a beautiful, smart woman! Anyone who would trade her in for another is pretty much an idiot in my book! I hope she gets everything she wants outta the divorce!

I'm sure they will settle the divorce amicably. Kimora will most definitely get everything that is rightfully hers plus some financial support for her children. Wow, that's really sad....Divorce is always hard on the kids...