Spin off of the CA thread: You know you're from _______ if....

aww these are so funny!!!

You know you're from Vancouver when...

1) You know what these acronyms mean: PNE, VPL, VAG, YVR.
2) You know the names and locations of at least three beaches, and could give a speech on the cultural difference between Wreck and Kitsilano Beach.
4) If you hear that someone is doing the Grind, you know they?re not at work.
5) You've had California roll for lunch.
6) You can tell the difference between fresh, previously frozen, and farmed salmon, and you have a philosophy about them.
7) You don't even listen when the forecast announces "chance of showers."
8) If there's a day of snowfall, however, you consider not going to work.
9) You know that West Vancouver, the West End, and the Westside are three different places.
10) You know what an orca looks like.
11) The phrase "someone's shooting in the alley" doesn't make you think of guns.
12) You can't imagine what a front yard would look like without green grass and green leaves.
13) You had a barbecue at the beach.
14) You've strolled along the Drive.
15) You can always tell where north is.

BTW... I cant tell where north is LOL

-The last thing you want to do is give another driver the finger... unless your car is armored, your trigger finger is itchy and your AK-47 has a full clip (truer words have never been spoken).
-You understand the profound meaning of "Peace up, A-town down."

Those two made me laugh even though I don't live there. I do visit there though..

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You Know You're From Louisiana When...[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The crawdad mounds in your front yard have over taken the grass. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You greet people with "Howzyamomma'an'dem?" and hear back "Dey fine!" [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Every so often, you have waterfront property. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]When giving directions you use words like "uptown," "downtown," "backatown," "riverside," "lakeside," "other side of the bayou" or "other side of the levee." [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]When you refer to a geographical location "way up North," you are referring to places like Shreveport, Little Rock or Memphis, "where it gets real cold." [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You've ever had Community Coffee. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You can pronounce Tchoupitoulas but can't spell it. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You don't worry when you see ships riding higher in the river than the top of your house. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You judge a po-boy by the number of napkins used. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The waitress at your local sandwich shop tells you a fried oyster po-boy "dressed" is healthier than a Caesar salad. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You can eat Popeye's, Haydel's and Zapp's for lunch and wash it down with Barq's and several Abitas, without losing it all on your stoop. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The four seasons in your year are: crawfish, shrimp, crab, and King Cake. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You "wrench" your hands in the sink with an onion bar to get the crawfish smell off. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You don't learn until high school that Mardi Gras is not a national holiday. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You believe that purple, green and gold look good together. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Your last name isn't pronounced the way it's spelled. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You know what a nutria rat is but you still pick it to represent your baseball team. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You have spent a summer afternoon on the Lake Pontchartrain seawall catching blue crabs. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You describe a color as "K & B Purple." [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You like your rice and politics dirty. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You pronounce the largest city in the state as "Nawlins." [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You know those big roaches can fly, but you're able to sleep at night anyway. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You assume everyone has mosquito swarms in their backyard. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You realize the rainforest is less humid than Louisiana. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron... [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window... [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]When out of town, you stop and ask someone where there is a drive-through Daiquiri place, and they look at you like you have three heads. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You have flood insurance. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Your burial plot is six feet over rather than six feet under. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You consider a Bloody Mary a light breakfast. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You push little old ladies out of the way to catch Mardi Gras throws. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You leave a parade with footprints on the top of your hands. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You have a parade ladder in your shed. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Your first sentence was "Throw me something mistah" and your first drink was from a go-cup. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You worry about a deceased family member returning in spring floods. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You reply to anything and everything about life here with "Only in Nahlins". [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You have a monogrammed go-cup. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You get on a bus marked "Cemeteries" and don�t think twice. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You shake out your shoes before putting them on. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Your sunglasses fog up when you step outside. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]No matter where else you go in the world, you are always disappointed in the food. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You get up in the morning and start cooking a pot of rice before you give any thought to what you'll fix for dinner. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You ask, "How dey running?" and "Are dey fat?" when you're inquiring about seafood quality. When a hurricane is imminent [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]When it starts to rain, you cover your beer instead of your head. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You call tomato sauce "red gravy." [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You eat sno-balls instead of throwing them. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Your house payment is less than your air conditioning bill. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Your grandparents are called "Maw Maw" and "Paw Paw." [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]You fall asleep to the soothing sounds of four box fans. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]No one eats healthy. Fried Batter is actually a menu item in some restaurants. [/FONT]

LOL...I am originally from Louisiana and found this post hilarious. I was about to post it myself when I saw you already had. I haven't lived in Louisiana for over 18 years but I go back to visit often.

I've been a Northern Virginia Resident for over 15 years now.... Love these too..

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif] Speed limits are just suggestions

You have at least two friends who have no idea what their relatives do...because its "top secret" government work

Most of your senior class wend to Mason, JMU, Tech, VCU or UVA

When people ask where you're from, you tell them DC because its easier to explain..LOL SO True

You've never told someone you're from Virginia without putting "northern," "central," or "southern" in front of it (See above.) (LOL...so true..I always stress Northern Virginia...lol)

It's not actually tailgating unless your bumper is touching the car in front of you.

You know yellow light means at least 5 more cars can get through. (Yeah, man...at least. Probably also happens everywhere else.) A red light means 2 more can. **LOL

You actually know what the black boxes at stoplights are for.

Despite the fact that Virginia fought for the south in the Civil War, you are not, under any circumstances, a "southerner" . LOL

You are amused by visiting relatives who are actually excited to see Washington, DC . LOL but I have to admit I love DC also...

You took a field trip to Williamsburg as a kid.

You are amazed when you go out of town and the people at McDonalds speak English. OHHHH I'm not touching this one......but LOL...

You or someone in your family has a Smart Tag

An inch of snow and you miss 3 days of school

All the potholes just add a little excitement to your driving experience

Crown Victoria = undercover cop

Subway is a fast food place. The transportation system is known as Metro, and only Metro.

They just tore down the old farm house across the street and put 12 new McMansions in its place

For the cost of your house, you could own a small town in Iowa . LOL YES!!!

If you stay on the same road long enough, it will eventually have three new names.

You have to dial the area code to call your neighbor (ANNOYING)

"Vacation" means spending a day at King's Dominion or Busch Gardens.

"Going to the River" means any stream with water.

You have never been served tea without the waitress asking "sweet or unsweetened?"

Your favorite past time is telling West Virginia jokes.

Anyone who can't trace his or her ancestry back to at least four generations in Virginia is an outsider.

"Going to the beach" means anywhere from Ocean City to Virginia Beach to Myrtle Beach. ..LOL
[/FONT]