SPF, Primer, and Foundation, which one first??? Please help...

Thanks everyone for their responses, you guys are awesome :smile:. I just realized my question was wrongly formed. I meant to ask between moisturizer, SPF, and primer, which one goes on first. I just could not figure it out. When I purchase my products, I ask the SA, but they all came up with different responses so I'm still confuse. Aeris, thank you for your list, that was great. Kawaiiamaiai, I use to buy all my day time products with SPF in it, but I noticed that those products will result in a whiteish wash over the face in photos, so my SA suggested buying a great SPF and everything else without SPF so the 'white face' phenomenal wont happen, especially for night time events and photo op. moment.

I have the skin rev upper and I don't think it's meant to be a primer. It is used to creat an even skin tone. Bareminerals does have a primer which is pretty good, but the the rever upper is more of a vitamin creme if that makes sense. There actual primer is called PrimeTime. It's a clear matte gel that goes on very soft and smooth.

As a follower of beauty expert Paula Begoun, I will summarize her advice:
Primer, then SPF, then makeup.

If you use any additional products, this is the recommended order:
1-Toner (alcohol & irritant free)
2-Exfoliant (such as BHA/Salicylic Acid or AHA)
3-Treatments (for anti-aging, acne, discoloration, etc... This is where I use my Benzoyl Peroxide during the day and Retin-A at night)
4-Antioxidant serum
5-Makeup Primer (though a specialty treatment serum or antioxidant serum also doubles up as a primer due to the silicone content, so I personally skip foundation primers)
5.5- Shine Stopper or Oil Absorbing Product- (Optional for oily skin) Such as http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/shine-stopper-instant-matte-finish-with-microsponge-technology
6-Day time - SPF - This is always the last skin care item before makeup.
Night Time - Moisturizer
7-Makeup - Always last

Whew! It sounds like a lot more work than it really is. I used to have to label my products to remember what step they were, but now I memorize my routine.

maaajor fan of Paula Begoun here too! :tup:

My version in the a.m. is:
moisturizer with SPF (let it set while I'm getting dressed)
Primer
Foundation (liquid style)

XXXOO PG

Just an update to you ladies :biggrin:, I just got back from the makeup department and had a very long talk to an SA there and she clarified it a little...
So here's her order,
1. Toner, if you use any,
2. Facial serum, if any, of course,
3. Moisturizer,
4. SPF, because in her explanation, it protects the skin so it should be on the surface,
5. Primer, because it helps smooth out everything else and a final layer so oil doesn't slide through and ruin your make up midday.
6. Lastly, your make up...

It's a lot, but she said since I'm in my late 20s, I need to take the time to protect my skin properly now so I don't have to worry about fixing anything later. It's never too late, right ladies??? :biggrin::graucho: