Sperry's Great Comeback, Wear them! or Faux Pas?

Sperry's

• Wear them!

• PASS!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheryl

Obsessed
O.G.
Jan 12, 2007
So I was at Nordstrom yesterday looking at shoes and came across the Sperry's and I have the say the color combinations drew me in, I then looked around a quite a few young girls were wearing them or shoes like them.
I toyed around with getting a pair but just can't bring myself to do it.

Have they made a comeback or should I pass? I cant decide if they are ugly or cute to be honest, lol

Also, do you wear socks with them? If not do they stink after awhile? :cool:

Thanks guys!

I personally think they are super cute, and they are inexpensive enough that if they should suddenly be a faux pas, you can stash them away in the back of your closet without feeling guilty.

i absolutely lovelovelovelove my sperrys. i have the classic dark brown pair and wore them almost everyday in the summer. i've been wearing mine without socks for the past 3years and still no stink like regular flats.

if you do get them, you have to size down because they stretch a ton. i am a size 6 and bought the sperry's in a 6 (smallest size), they were nice and snug but stretch out sooo much they flip flop on my feet now...but i still love them.

i just recently got into sperry's. i voted wear them! i was on thier website for the first time a few days ago and came across these boots called the sperry top sider albatross. i think they are real cute. does anyone else like? or dislike these? well they only come in a tan/brown combo or a black on the website. So i did a search and found the exact same boot on the jcrew website in a warm ivory color and went and ordered them. I have so many pairs of brown boots and black i am just not that big of a fan. I cant wait till they arrive. :smile:

If Sperry's are a faux pas, then somewhere out there, there's a thousand weeping prep school kids. That aside, I have about four pairs, and wear them to death because they are so incredibly comfy!

If you like them, get them. I see sperrys everyone on campus! I got my first pair a couple years ago and have several pairs now. They are very comfortable and I do wear socks with them. I wear the really thin "no show" socks so my socks aren't visible. Also, I agree that you should get 1/2 to a full size down from your original size because they stretch a lot.

I aboslutely love mine! I've had the same pair for about 4 years now and they are beginning to get holes in the soles! They are the best kick-around shoes..I'm a fulltime student and I find Sperrys to be the most convenient shoe for running around all day on campus. Ballet flats aren't comfortable enough and I don't wear fancy shoes to class, so Sperrys it is! I will be getting a new pair this Christmas for sure though!

I love mine and I wear them everyday. They are the most comfortable shoes I own and they come in lots of nice colors.... I highly recommend the metallic leather ones. They go with everything. The canvas ones I have cause blisters if you don't wear socks.

Yes get them! You can buy thin socks that don't show in the shoe, i believe sperry even made their own socks. You can buy them at dept. stores. I have a pair of black sparkle ones and I always get compliments on them!

Not my style any more but when I was going through my super-preppy phase back in the 70s (!!!) I wore them. We called them "Topsiders" back then.

Clark's are back in vogue now, too, only we knew them as Wallabees. Ugliest shoes ever.

Searched for a Sperry thread as my 14 yo is now into them. Seems everyone wears them at her H.S. I found some in Macys. Are they basically the same price with exception to sales? She found a pair of black glittery ones she loved.