Spent 1 hour+ at BalNY looking at Anthracite, Aquamarine

:heart: ooh thank you highglosss. I read your post at least 3 times soaking it all in. I can't wait to see your bag. How was the leather on the sandstone bags because Daphne said the leather on most of the sandstone City bags was really fabulous. She also said the aqua Twiggys that they currently had didn't have leather anywhere near as nice as the Day that I returned in exchange for a Twiggy. Maybe the next shipment will have some Twiggy's with good leather. I think that aqua will look really great on a Twiggy.
Now...... that picture you posted of Antracite looks really pretty.:yes: I hope you take a lot of pictures in all different lights please so we can finally decide what anthracite looks like.
Thank you for posting the udate! :yahoo:

I SO hesitate buying from Balny now that Joseph is gone (may he rest in peace), he always sent me the best leather. Anyone else that I bought from sent me crap....maybe I will wait till Saks gets them in.

Donna try Daphne. She has never sent a bad bag and makes sure they leather matches all over the bag. Many times she could have made a sale but was honest and said the leather on the bags wasn't very nice and that I should wait for some more to come in.
One of my friends has had Kim pick bags and she always picks nice ones too.

Anyone else that I bought from sent me crap....maybe I will wait till Saks gets them in.

I too have been afraid to buy from Bal NY for this reason... One bag that I bought from Sarah (who was very nice) had a really uneven texture. This was after I specified that I wanted a non-veiny bag. Because of their no-returns policy, I had to keep it.

I'm thinking about buying from Daphne, though, as from everyone's posts it seems she is very good about picking out leather textures. :smile:

A million thanks for your report, Highgloss. I want to know more about the sandstone, too. How was the color? Was that uniform throughout the bags (if you noticed)? Is there a color you can compare it to? Is it a lighter color, or more a medium shade?

thanks so much for all the details! the more i hear about anthracite, the more i'm convinced that i made the right decision to preorder. now i only hope my bag isn't as veiny as that twiggy in the photo that powderpuff posted :s

Lots of Anthracity in stock...when at first I hesitated, Kim said I could think about it for a few days and call her. "We have lots in," is what she said. But definitely call tomorrow if you have a preference for smoother leather...I got one that was fairly smooth all around. It's still more distressed than I usually get, so if that's what you'd want, too, you can tell her your friend Jennifer Reed bought her Anthracite City on Saturday afternoon and Kim was great about finding one pretty uniform all around, can she do it again, etc....

Thanks a million for your info, highgloss... I can't wait until tomorrow morning. But I left an e-mail to Daphne...in case I'm overslept :shame:. Hopefully she will see my e-mail in the morning.

Highgloss, I was worried that you got lost in a pile of Bbags when you didn't report back yesterday, so I'm glad you made it out! :yes: Also, thank you very much for the report. Your description has helped me to sort out the anthracite color and whether it will be right for me.

Thank you for your report highgloss, it was very informative, now I just need to make mind up. Did you happen to see any firsts in anthracite with the reg. hardware BTW? It'd be my first 'First', so I want it to be a versatile colour, what do you think? TIA!