Speedys with straps? New Style Coming?

PurseHorse

***Speedy Freak***
O.G.
Feb 12, 2007
I am wondering if this will be the way LV will be selling Speedys in the future. I certainly hope so.

The Eden and the Mono Idylle Speedys look so nice on the shoulder and not as lopsided as a strap attached to the brass handle-holders on the Speedy, the way its done now. It really is not a good look and I have been doing it for years.

I think I will hold off buying a Damier 30 till the Fall and hope it comes with a strap in the regular line. I would even take the cloth one.

Anyone else that would rather pay more $$$ for the Speedy with a strap?

Oh yeah and I just did :P I just bought the Mono Idylle Speedy in Encre. I have the Mono and Damier Ebene Speedy 25 and sometimes I just wish it would be nice to use a strap without making it lopsided.

I never liked the Speedy before. Now, I just bought the Eden Speedy and I am so trying to resist the Idylle in sepia. The strap makes a huge difference in look for me which I love.

I'm looking at either buying the Mono Speedy 35 or the Idylle Speedy 30 in Encre. I like the Idylle a littel better because of the stap, but I'm torn because I can't resist the classic Monogram.
I asked my SA last Friday if the Classic Mono was going to come out with the strap and she said NO. That LV had no plans on changing the mono speedy since it is one of their classic bags and of course she recommended buying the stap, but i hate the look since it is lop sided.

Yes I too have hesitated in buying the speedy b/c of the lack of a strap. I am so tempted by the new Idyll and may get one sometime this year. I am worried about the longevity of the bag though so it's a tradeoff

I purchased the new Mono Idylle Speedy 30 and the SA assured me the material is very durable. It is a new canvas and they will be releasing a line of luggage in this same material later this year.

I had questioned her initially about using the Speedy as an "every day" bag. Time will tell.

Just got the Idylle Speedy 30 with strap two days ago but the Speedy in monogram would also be lovely. It's a classic for sure!
hello, I just got my monogram idylle encre in this afternoon too. I purchased it from 866 LV phone line. I wonder will they send me a not real one. Can you teach me where I can find the date code of this bag? because I cannot find mine and does your bag come with a care booklet? I can't find it from mine too. Thank you.

hello, I just got my monogram idylle encre in this afternoon too. I purchased it from 866 LV phone line. I wonder will they send me a not real one. Can you teach me where I can find the date code of this bag? because I cannot find mine and does your bag come with a care booklet? I can't find it from mine too. Thank you.

I dont remember any stories of Louis Vuitton ever sending a fake bag, ever.