Speedy with chain?

Sep 17, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
I was wondering if anyone tried to wear a regular speedy crossbody with one of the aftermarket chains ( not fake the long gold straps off ebay that is "just a chain"? I'm wanting a crossbody but I'm not crazy about the speedy b strap.....

apl.79

Nov 11, 2013
I tried to make my speedy 25 a crossbody using the strap from my Eva. It wasn't comfortable and I didn't like how it looked. I would think the gold chain would dig into your shoulder too much, but I guess it depends on how much you put in your purse.

rainrowan

where's my bag?!
O.G.
Apr 25, 2006
I have tried different straps from other brands and sometimes it's hard to match the quality to the bag (after all, it's LV!). But I see no reason not to purchase a chain off eBay if it's the right length and comfort for you. You might have to make do a trial-and-error (take a few chance purchases) until you find the chain that's most compatible.

This seller on eBay looks like they have good shoulder strap chains but I have not purchased from them yet... but I plan to in the near future. They offer many different lengths and chain link sizes.

(incidentally, when I need hands free, I carry my regular Speedy 35 on my shoulder/crossbody with a high quality webbing strap from a Cynthia Rowley "speedy", the hardware matches perfectly)

Last edited:

Dawn72

Yogi Mama
Dec 9, 2010
Always in Zen
I have tried different straps from other brands and sometimes it's hard to match the quality to the bag (after all, it's LV!). But I see no reason not to purchase a chain off eBay if it's the right length and comfort for you. You might have to make do a trial-and-error (take a few chance purchases) until you find the chain that's most compatible.

This seller on eBay looks like they have good shoulder strap chains but I have not purchased from them yet... but I plan to in the near future. They offer many different lengths and chain link sizes.

(incidentally, when I need hands free, I carry my regular Speedy 35 on my shoulder/crossbody with a high quality webbing strap from a Cynthia Rowley "speedy", the hardware matches perfectly)
I am liking the chains on this ebay seller!

reginablair

Nov 15, 2012
USA
I have a monogram strap, but I've never used it on my speedy 35. I think the 35 is too big for that with the chain not being attached properly on the sides like on the speedy b. I also don't want to risk damaging the handles or chaps. (Chaps? Is that what the little leaves that attach the handles to the bags are called?)

rainrowan

where's my bag?!
O.G.
Apr 25, 2006
I only use my aftermarket strap on my reg Speedy 35 when it's very lightweight - only keys and wallet and not much more - but I agree, I wouldn't use it if the bag was weighed down with a lot of stuff. It gets pretty warped looking. If I really had to, it would be for a few minutes here and there while shopping vs a whole day on the shoulder. Yes, those are called chaps or chapes.... I think it refers to the cape shape (in French).

atlantique

O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
I would NEVER wear a real LV bag with a strap from ebay! That's not classy, it would make the bag cheap for me. Sorry!

LVk8

Me + Harpua
Jan 30, 2014
In The VeLVet Sea