Speedy: What took me so long

That is too funny! I love the sag of a speedy, but you can put something in the bottom to help keep it from sagging if you want to! Congrats on a soon to be new bag!

Here's my speedy story...

Last year around this time I started looking to get my first LV (I wanted one for years). I finally decided on a speedy because I liked the shape, but was unsure of the size...a 25 or 30. When I went to the boutique the SA and my mother (who came with me) both said they liked the 30 on me better so I ended up getting the Mono speedy 30.

I loved the bag but I was so paranoid about getting it dirty and messy that I ended up not enjoying it as much as I could have. I also felt it was a bit big for me because I don't carry all that much and I was really not into the sag. I tried a few things to prevent it from sagging but they ended up being a pain..

Since then I've gotten more LV bags and I've been better about not being so paranoid but I've neglected my speedy....until this summer....

I started traveling a lot this summer and ended up bringing my speedy with my on my trips and I fell head over heels in love with her. The size was perfect for traveling and not at all too big for me. I realized I like and prefer the sagging because, in my opinion, a speedy with a really structured, flat bottom looks more like a knock-off. I don't ever remember seeing a fake with a sag, they always seem to be very structured and stiffer...

Anyway.... it took me a while to really appreciate my speedy and now that I have I want even more. Last week while traveling I ended up getting my second speedy, a Azur 25 which I love. Now I have my eye on the Denim speedy!!

^Thanks for sharing that story.

I don't carry much in my speedy either. My other LV's are all structured and Mono. I think I had to get over the non structure of the bag more than it not being a Mono.

My daughter says she wants to get a Mono Speedy when I get mine.

Speedies are great. And the nice thing is, the sag can be altered with something as simple as a piece of cardbaord!

I started with a magazine on the bottom of mine, but I have come to like the sag factor now and removed it. Kinda nice to be able to go back and forth!

Grats! ^^;

It took me 3 years for me to FINALLY get my first LV.. why? well the price is the main reason why it took me so long to get my hands on one! Haha.. But I still love it til this day! (of course it's only been couple weeks since I've had one! XD)