Speedy vs. speedy B

Monimor

Dec 3, 2012
For all you lucky ones out there that were able to buy the beautiful speedy B. ( before price increase)and are lucky enough to have a regular speedy as well.... What are your thoughts on the pros and cons of both bags.

With the new price increase I don't know if I am willing to pay $1400 ( with tax) on something that from what I have read in this forum--- A. the quality is not the same as it was once ( I am new to LV) and
B. a cloth tag to top it off... So... Is the speedy B worth it???

Does anyone just prefer and love the original speedy?

. All opinions are greatly appreciated.

Hands down, I love the original speedy. But some people really enjoy having the shoulder strap for more functionality hence speedy b. It really depends on your needs. If you don't need the shoulder strap, then just the regular one will do.

You need to figure out if you are a hand-held bag kind of person, or you really are a shoulder bag person. =)

I thought I wanted a speedy b but I don't like the way it looks on the arm or handheld so I only like the way it looks on shoulder or cross body. Ill be getting a classic speedy and maybe an extra strap for when I want to be hands free but I already have a casual LV shoulder bag so I may not get the strap after all.

I have had my regular speedy 25 in monogram for about a year. then SUNDAY the last day before the increase I went and bought the speedy B 30 and i love it! I am more of a top handle girl too but loooove the cross body option. it just gives it such a different look and function. its good for like shopping and on the go stuff I am excited!

I prefer the Speedy.

Speedy B is ok but as a cross body, it can feel clunky and big. I had a speedy B 30 and although it was a superb bag, I just couldnt' wear it cross body and the shoulder strap didn't feel right to me.

I have had my regular speedy 25 in monogram for about a year. then SUNDAY the last day before the increase I went and bought the speedy B 30 and i love it! I am more of a top handle girl too but loooove the cross body option. it just gives it such a different look and function. its good for like shopping and on the go stuff I am excited!

Congrats! I got one too and it really comes in handy!!!! I find myself wearing it over the shoulder quite a bit!:happydance::woohoo::yahoo:

I agree. I have the original Speedy 30, but because I'm not a really handheld girl, I went to try the speedy B 30 on. It just felt bulky and unnatural, kinda like luggage, instead of a purse, so I think if I was to get the Speedy B, I'd have to go for the 25 size, but with the new price and the cloth tag in the USA, I'm not sure if it's worthwhile ;(

I prefer the Speedy.

Speedy B is ok but as a cross body, it can feel clunky and big. I had a speedy B 30 and although it was a superb bag, I just couldnt' wear it cross body and the shoulder strap didn't feel right to me.

I agree. I have the original Speedy 30, but because I'm not a really handheld girl, I went to try the speedy B 30 on. It just felt bulky and unnatural, kinda like luggage, instead of a purse, so I think if I was to get the Speedy B, I'd have to go for the 25 size, but with the new price and the cloth tag in the USA, I'm not sure if it's worthwhile ;(