Speedy vs. speedy B

This is a HARD question to answer! lol
When I was picking out my first Speedy last year, I had the option of getting the Bandolier but I didn't like the leather stripes on the bag. I just really wanted the classic Speedy. Something about carrying the bag Audrey Hepburn carried.
I love the original Speedy (have it in Mono 35) but I just got the Speedy B30 DE and I have to say, I am REALLY loving this bag. It is just so beautiful and practical at the same time. You get the best of both worlds...beautiful and simple Speedy design AND a versatile strap. I have used the shoulder strap much much more than I anticipated. I mean I am obsessed with this bag!
So my advice? Get the Speedy B...and then the Speedy if you still want the original one.

I have both and I truly love both!! But if I can had to pick I would pick the speedy b. the option for cross body and shoulder carry is just such a nice option! I plan on getting another speedy and it will be a speedy b again. Hth!

I have both and I truly love both!! But if I can had to pick I would pick the speedy b. the option for cross body and shoulder carry is just such a nice option! I plan on getting another speedy and it will be a speedy b again. Hth!

You love the Speedy bag huh? hehehe I do toooo!
Which one are you getting next honey? I would love to have more Speedy B's. I am literally OBSESSED with mine!

I got the regular speedy before the increase. I love it and am not a fan of the extra straps and hardware on the side of the speedy b. I'd rather get a crossbody that's flat. I've been a handheld bag girl lately and when I don't carry a lot, I just use my wapity or even my key pouch with cards and cash.

But about the cloth tag, I'm pretty sure you will get one on either style if you buy new in store

I got the regular speedy before the increase. I love it and am not a fan of the extra straps and hardware on the side of the speedy b. I'd rather get a crossbody that's flat. I've been a handheld bag girl lately and when I don't carry a lot, I just use my wapity or even my key pouch with cards and cash.

But about the cloth tag, I'm pretty sure you will get one on either style if you buy new in store

yep...my speedy b has it but its in a place that you don't even notice its there on a daily basis. =)

I went to purchase the speedy b and ended up with the speedy. I thought on the shoulder or cross body it looked more like a piece of luggage than a purse. The zipper in my opinion was a little extra bulky because there is a loop for the lock to go through and it made the zipper less smooth. They even pulled more speedy b's from the back and all the zippers were like that. It feels so special carrying the speedy on my arm, very iconic look for sure. I am new to handbags, I've only owned shoulder bags, so its taken some getting used to but I love it.

I went to purchase the speedy b and ended up with the speedy. I thought on the shoulder or cross body it looked more like a piece of luggage than a purse. The zipper in my opinion was a little extra bulky because there is a loop for the lock to go through and it made the zipper less smooth. They even pulled more speedy b's from the back and all the zippers were like that. It feels so special carrying the speedy on my arm, very iconic look for sure. I am new to handbags, I've only owned shoulder bags, so its taken some getting used to but I love it.

Aww, YAYY!!:yahoo:
I was the exact same way when I got my first Speedy. You just cannot beat the iconic bag, it is so special. I bet you look so gorgeous carrying that bag!!! I'm glad you love it babydoll!!!!

I have and use both styles. :smile: I toyed with just getting an ebene speedy instead of the speedy b, but in the end.... I really wanted the B. And it was worth it to me. I don't like the tabs (that can get very worn) on the ends of the regular speedy, and the way the lock stretches out the hole on the tab. And if I had wanted to add an additional strap (for those "I have groceries and kids and need to throw this on my shoulder for a minute" moments) I really don't like how an extra strap makes the regular speedy bag hang, hooking from the handles like it does. Honestly I carry my B by the hand, with a shorter version of the additional strap hanging down. It looks very elegant that way, and I have the option to toss it on my shoulder if I really ever need to. I think it's worth the extra cost. Even if you don't qualify it as the best cross body bag, which I personally don't because I don't love the look of the side leather pieces when worn that way. It really is just a slightly more elegant bag without those leather tab pieces hanging off the sides. I guess you can't go wrong either way, personal preference. I still plan to keep and use my regular speedy, which is azur... and one of my favorite bags of all time! :smile:

Aww, YAYY!!:yahoo:
I was the exact same way when I got my first Speedy. You just cannot beat the iconic bag, it is so special. I bet you look so gorgeous carrying that bag!!! I'm glad you love it babydoll!!!!

Thank you! I am SO not used to carrying a handbag! I was worried for a little bit that I had made a mistake but I am loving it! Its so pretty. Now I'm ready for my next purchase :biggrin:

You love the Speedy bag huh? hehehe I do toooo!
Which one are you getting next honey? I would love to have more Speedy B's. I am literally OBSESSED with mine!

Lol I do!! I just can't help myself! I plan on getting a speedy b 25 this time. I haven't made up my mind yet which print though. You should definitely get more speedy bs!! Lol

Lol I do!! I just can't help myself! I plan on getting a speedy b 25 this time. I haven't made up my mind yet which print though. You should definitely get more speedy bs!! Lol

YES! The Speedy B 25 is adorable cross body and hand held. It would be the perfect bag to go to breakfast or out for a drink. I would love to have one too...i wish i was rich!!!! haha

I'm banned too, until our house is done! Good luck in that, I hope it all goes smoothly for ya :smile: