Speedy vs. Neverfull

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone, I'm fairly new here so I'm not sure if this is in the right thread but I need some advice on my next bag. I love love love the Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy and the Neverfull MM. I love the Neverfull because it is soo roomy and very classic and I've just always loved the Speedy. I am expecting my first child in two months and I need a bag that can function well with a baby when I'm not using her diaper bag.

Those of you who have these bags, which one is your favorite? And which one do you think would accommodate my needs better?

Thanks everyone! :biggrin:

2. I would choose the Neverfull, simply because it fits on your shoulder! The Speedy is a nice, classic shape but it's hand-carry and can be a bit cumbersome at times.

3. the neverfull for sure! i agree 100% with alatrop! :yes:

4. Def. the Neverfull!

5. I would say a speedy for your first LV. However since you may need your hands free would work. Also look in to the totally. This thread will probably get moved to the LV subforum. Just so you know. Welcome to TPF.

6. There is only ONE reason I would recommend the Neverfull - your baby. A speedy and a baby would be too much to handle at once, aside from that, the Speedy is the hands down better purse! I have three!

7. damier neverfull would be perfect

8. The Neverful will be more practical because you can wear it on your shoulder and that helps keep your hands free for baby.

9. neverfull would be perfect for u.

10. Thanks so much everyone! I'm definitely going to go with the neverfull!

:smile:

11. Def NF for a diaper bag...without a doubt...i don't think it would be too comfortable carrying a lot of stuff on a handbag...GL deciding.

12. #12 Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
    First let me congratulate you on the soon-birth of your child! :balloon::balloon:The NF would be better suited for you. I love the Speedy, but having had two babies myself, it is important for the bag to be on the shoulder and not handheld. For example, it would be pretty difficult to manage carrying the car seat and the Speedy at the same time.

Another possibility would be the Palermo PM or GM. It can be worn on the shoulder, crossbody or handheld. I found that wearing a crossbody bag was very comfortable and convenient when my children were babies. I hope that this helps!:smile:

13. My favourite is speedy, but i vote neverfull for you coz it would be perfect for you and your baby.

14. I love both bags, but with the baby you should def get the Neverfull.

15. hi im a mother as well and never use my hand held bags when im out with my kids. so i would choose the neverfull.