Speedy Vachetta Handles - Cracking or Wrinkles?

LV_Pup_Luvr

Nov 4, 2015
Quick backstory, I bought this bag recently preloved and it had some stains on it. I used the Apple cleaner and conditioner and it cleaned up beautifully. I just noticed that there seem to be some subtle cracks / wrinkles on only one of the handles (LEFT one in the pictures). I searched the threads but don't see much on here so thought I would ask...do you think these are cracks or just wrinkles? Anything I should do with it or just keep carrying it? The rest of the bag is in great shape!

Thanks!

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,132
  • h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 1,216
Quick backstory, I bought this bag recently preloved and it had some stains on it. I used the Apple cleaner and conditioner and it cleaned up beautifully. I just noticed that there seem to be some subtle cracks / wrinkles on only one of the handles (LEFT one in the pictures). I searched the threads but don't see much on here so thought I would ask...do you think these are cracks or just wrinkles? Anything I should do with it or just keep carrying it? The rest of the bag is in great shape!

Thanks!
Was it like that before the apple? I've no experience with apple, but some cleaners and conditioners do that to leather. I don't think it will get worse.

Was it like that before the apple? I've no experience with apple, but some cleaners and conditioners do that to leather. I don't think it will get worse.
No it wasn't...it had patina but it just seemed a little dingy. Do you think it's just texture then? The only other bag with vachetta I have is a NF so I don't have any rolled handles.

Ok thanks...I used the Apple conditioner but maybe it's not enough.
Yep, I'm a huge fan of Cadillac too. I've tried other conditioners like meltonian and some European ones and they all made leather feel and look different afterwards. Some would leave a weird film that would make the leather look dry and feel sort of stiff yet tacky. Or greasy. Not with Cadillac though!

Those are cracks and they won't 'go away' . -they are common in some of the older bags and if the handles get dry- moisturizer will help them look better. I have little one on one of my older bags but it's fine.

Cadillac is the best as far as conditioning. I also use alcohol/fragrance free baby wipes first to get off oils and dirt then condition. I've found doing this lightens the leather and moisturizers which will stop the leather from cracking more, or even cracking at all. BUT, this should only be done with honey-ed leather. It would damage newer leather for sure!