Speedy: To wait or not to wait...?

Jun 4, 2013
Hello everyone!

This is my first thread, I'm sorry if I am not posting this on the correct place.

I am currently looking for a new speedy monogram bag. I already have a speedy 30 B DE, and I just love the monogram because it's a classic (and it looks lovely with a bandeau)

I am very petite 5,0" I am between a speedy 25, 30 or 35 (it may be too big for my frame).
But the biggest issue is that I don't know if I should buy one now or wait to the redesign speedy.

I am concerned about the price increase, but I am curious to see the redesign. Any comments and thoughts are welcome

:ty:

Honestly if it were me...I wouldn't wait. I'm thinking the redesign will be nothing but a reason to raise the price like they did with the Neverfull. My SA says the only things that she's heard is...the pocket will be canvas instead of the vinyl or whatever they call it...and the pieces that hold the handles to the bag will be padded. So who knows?...

But unless they do something great like add pockets or micro suede lining...I don't think it will be worth waiting for...and will probably be just more $$$.

Last edited:
I agree with girlfriend - do not think there will be huge changes to the classic Speedy. And of course it will be more money. My first Speedy was like 700 bucks and now pushing a 1000 - I can see it getting to like 1200 soon if not more. Why wait.

Be Blessed MoNikki

honestly if it were me...i wouldn't wait. I'm thinking the redesign will be nothing but a reason to raise the price like they did with the neverfull. My sa says the only things that she's heard is...the pocket will be canvas instead of the vinyl or whatever they call it...and the pieces that hold the handles to the bag will be padded. So who knows?...

But unless they do something great like add pockets or micro suede lining...i don't think it will be worth waiting for...and will probably be just more $$$.

+1

Like you, I'm curious about the redesigned Speedy also. But at the same time I wouldn't want to wait to purchase one. I would rather get the original classic and know what I'm getting than to wait and pay more for something and possibly be disappointed. And then even if you do end up liking the new version, it will always be available to purchase in the future. Just my thoughts..

Buy now! I agree with everyone that the changes probably won't justify the increase. And even if it does the new speedy's will be available whenever you want one. There is only a small window for the current style and there is nothing worse than missing out on something and having to track it down later. The speedy is such a classic and if it were me I would want to be a part of that history. Good luck!

Thanks everyone, you have been a great help. I will try to buy a monogram before the redesign and the price increase (does anyone know when it's happening?)

I agree that the speedy is a classic and the small changes will probably not justify $100-$300.
I wanted to but the speedy since before the last price increase and it would be horrible if that happens to me again!

I'm worried a speedy redesign will be like coca cola's "new coke" way back when. Some things are perfect the way they are and shouldn't be messed with. Whatever the redesign one thing is sure, the "new speedy" is not going to be sold at the current speedy price. I agree with everyone else. Don't wait! I love my speedies and wouldn't change a thing. Good luck!