Speedy/speedy b VS alma bb

LVmie

Aug 11, 2012
that's the question i keep asking myself! i have a regular speedy in de and use it way more than the mono. i really love the de. the only thing that concerns me a little on speedy b is the wrinkling some have reported on the side stripes. if i get a de speedy b at some point, i will try to check carefully for gaps at zipper and leather condition, but i guess some leather problems show up later? still love the de tho. good luck!
If I get speedy b later, I will try to check on those flaws too. Thanks, dear! :biggrin::graucho:

NewCoachQueen

Birkin or bust...
Aug 2, 2009
I say speedy b in mono if you have a de. I just solved the reverse for myself yesterday :smile:
I had a mono speedy and got a de speedy b. I like the alma bb but it seems like more of an out to dinner bag to me than a daily bag.

Good luck in your picking!!

LVmie

Aug 11, 2012
I say speedy b in mono if you have a de. I just solved the reverse for myself yesterday :smile:
I had a mono speedy and got a de speedy b. I like the alma bb but it seems like more of an out to dinner bag to me than a daily bag.

Good luck in your picking!!
Hi NCQ,
I don't own any DE yet. Every time I step into the store, I would always go for mono. I just can't resist it. But, my DH suggests the DE. You know... At least I would have different patterns in my collection. Plus, I love DE becoz of its red interior and of coz we don't have to baby the bag. I think I would go for speedy b. thanks, dear! :cool:

misokute

O.G.
Feb 24, 2011
I just got my first alma bb last week when the new colors came out! The reason I really liked and wanted the bag is because it's not as generic as a speedy (also it is super cute and pretty!). I don't carry as much around either, and sometimes i felt my other 2 LV bags were too big for my needs (even though they're not that big lol). The vernis is also a nice change from the usual canvas that most people carry :smile:!

LVmie

Aug 11, 2012
I just got my first alma bb last week when the new colors came out! The reason I really liked and wanted the bag is because it's not as generic as a speedy (also it is super cute and pretty!). I don't carry as much around either, and sometimes i felt my other 2 LV bags were too big for my needs (even though they're not that big lol). The vernis is also a nice change from the usual canvas that most people carry :smile:!
thanks for replying. Btw, are you in somewhere in Japan? saw your nickname here, assume you are.

melopuff

PURSEBABY
O.G.
Jan 21, 2007
Auckland, New Zealand
Another vote for the speedy b!

Very versatile, I would highly recommend it as a travel bag aswell - it's amazing how much that bag can fit in it! In terms of print - you can't go wrong! De is the easiest to maintain but go try on the bags and see what takes your heart :smile:

LVmie

Aug 11, 2012
Hi ladies,

Thank you for all your kind and sincere responses. After long debating between traditional Speedy or Speedy B... finally i chose the classic one. About the size, the 25 is a lil small and it cant fit my ipad. So for that reason, i choose the 30.

Introducing my new Speedy 30 DE, purchased in Tokyo and MIF.

Attachments

LVlvoe_bug

Jul 14, 2012
Midwest
Hi ladies,

Thank you for all your kind and sincere responses. After long debating between traditional Speedy or Speedy B... finally i chose the classic one. About the size, the 25 is a lil small and it cant fit my ipad. So for that reason, i choose the 30.

Introducing my new Speedy 30 DE, purchased in Tokyo and MIF.
Congrats on your speedy! I think the size looks perfect on you and you made great choice...I love the look of the speedy in DE!

skmcpher

Feb 11, 2013
Your bag looks beautiful! I got an Alma bb in Amarante for Valentine's Day and it is beautiful but after I used it for a few days I thought it might be too small for everyday (even though I don't carry that much stuff). I couldn't return it as it was a gift that my DH picked out so I ended up going back last week and getting a Speedy B in mono, which I love... but seeing your photo makes me want a Speedy in DE! I guess it's time to start saving for another bag!

Enjoy!