Speedy Sagging

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I love the look of Speedys in the store, but they always seem to sag when they're in use. I have never bought one because I don't particularly like the saggy look - am I the only one who wishes LV would make a sag-less Speedy?

2. I think it's a good thing because some likes the saggy look and those that don't uses a bag shaper too keep the shape. Look through the faq section for more posts on this and the bag shaper too, there are a lot of shapers on *bay and some fit better than others. I have myself the Epi Speedy that don't sag.

3. I don't mind when it sags a bit. But I might look in to a base shaper. It is an easy fix.

4. You are not the only one...although I think we are minority here....I dont like the sag one bit....I made a speedy shaper and my rose speedy is sagless now!!!!

5. A base shaper, or a purse organizer will keep it from sagging.

6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sag but if you don't...hope the base shaper helps! Or you could just opt for a more structured bag?

7. I love the sag, I think it's what gives the speedy personality and style. As others have said, you can always use a base shaper. Or try an epi one, they don't sag that much!

8. Add me to the minority list! I'm not a big fan of sagging also. I have already decided that when DO get my speedy, I will not pack it and depending on how it looks with the few items that I carry on a daily basis, I may invest in a shaper.

9. i don't like the sag at all either. but the bag itself is great, and i'm getting one as soon as i can...but there will be a base shaper to go with it. i'm glad someone invented those.

10. I totally dislike the sag. :yucky: No matter how hard I tried, I just could not embrace the pulled-taffy look. :nogood: :tdown:

I LVoe the HippieGal All In 1 Shaper and use it for my Speedy 30 and Speedy 35. :heart:

11. I have to say that this was my main reason I never brought a speedy b/c of the sag. However, I purchased my 1st speedy about a year ago and I LOVE IT. The sag to me is a special detail of the bag LOL. I also tried the base shaper with the bag and it made it feel heavy IMO. I say sag all the way..............

12. The sag is part of the allure of the Speedy, IMO.

13. I love my speedy because of the sagging, and don't like the new stiff ones. . . but like osme here suggested get a bagshaper, they're not expensive and you get them on ebay

14. I started off hating the sag so I bought the base shaper. But after a while, I found that too boxy and stiff and started to appreciate the beauty of a slight sag, so I got a more structured purse organiser instead and sort of "fill up" the space with am umbrella or a sunny case so that it does not look too saggy. I only need to do this with the size 30 speedys though. With size 25 the look is perfect with the amount of stuff I carry.

15. I thought I did not like the sag so never bought a Speedy. Then I bought the absolutely beautiful Mirage Speedy and it was like carrying a big box, could not stand it. Needless to say, I sold it and ended up getting the Mon Mono Speedy. If you want a Speedy with little/no sag, you can get a purse organizer or an LE Speedy with alcantera lining.