Speedy Owners

Purseaholic6

Feb 2, 2014
Which one do you prefer the original no strap or the bandouliere? I am a shoulder girl and like the size 30 but i dont like how it looks when the strap bends the bag. I recently purchased the 25 b but dont like it so i am trying to decide if i should get the 30 with out the strap.

Which one do you prefer the original no strap or the bandouliere? I am a shoulder girl and like the size 30 but i dont like how it looks when the strap bends the bag. I recently purchased the 25 b but dont like it so i am trying to decide if i should get the 30 with out the strap.

For me personally, I prefer the Speedy handheld. If I wanted a shoulder/cross body bag, I'd go for a bag that was meant for that and didn't bend or crease. But do whatever works for you. I've learned to love handheld bags even though they're not very practical. I just plan days or find ways to make it work. ;)

I prefer the speedy b and the optional strap option....I had a mono classic speedy a few years ago and it always bothered me that it did not have a strap. I also did not like that the tabs curled after awhile...I like that the speedy b has a double zipper detail. I used to like the classic speedy over the speedy b but now like the speedy b better. I like the option of being about to wear it cross body, on the shoulder or handheld.....

When I got my speedy I thought about two things:

1. How/ when I would be using the bag
2. How I wanted it to look

Looks won in the end~
I felt like the speedy b looked really casual, even without the strap. So I ended up with the original speedy. The original speedy can be worn dressed up or down, whereas the speedy b cannot (Just my opinion)
It is a pain to carry especially when going shopping or when you have to hold a lot of things haha
But I'm willing to deal with the hand/arm pain because I think the original fits my style more

I'm planning to get a speedy b later down the road though, because I love the cross body option! I have a Alexander Rocco and Gucci Boston and I find myself using them more than my speedy. But they are considered my more "everyday" and "lifestyle" bags

Hopes this helps! I also didn't like how the speedy b bent

For me personally, I prefer the Speedy handheld. If I wanted a shoulder/cross body bag, I'd go for a bag that was meant for that and didn't bend or crease. But do whatever works for you. I've learned to love handheld bags even though they're not very practical. I just plan days or find ways to make it work. ;)

Exactly ! And also I think it looks awkward worn crossbody because it sticks out like a big rectangle box. Many more nice looking styles for crossbody.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

Definitely the handheld Speedy (for canvas). I used to have a Speedy B 35 and whereas it was/is more functional with the additional strap, I just didn't like the look of the leather strip on each side. I also thought it looked awkward in the 35 size as a crossbody bag as it stuck out from the body too much when carried on the shoulder.

The regular Speedy to me just looks so much prettier!

I prefer the speedy B. It's actually why I got into LV. The regular speedy did not interest me. I have the speedy b 30 mono and DE in 35. Love to wear it as cross body.

it does not bother you when the purse gets folded in due to the straps? my 30 does it and it bothers me but i still like the bag or is there a way to prevent that from happening?