Speedy or Speedy B?

mim1512

O.G.
Jan 1, 2007
I want to purchase a speedy in monogram before the anticipated update. I am torn between a Speedy 30 or Speedy B 30. I currently have a Speedy 30 B DE and absolutely love it. Not sure if I should add the classic Speedy to my collection or the more versatile B.

I am a new mom and keep thinking that I will get more use from the B but really torn about the classic speedy.

Thoughts??

Last edited:
As a mom, I say speedy B - I just got mine. I had the classic DE and sold it to fund the speedy B DE and I cant stop staring at it lol. I love the extra gold accents (extra zipper, rings for strap). The incentive was the baby due next month :smile: I used my classic all the time and didn't want to have it sit because I added a little one to my life.

I'm a mom with 3 children 4 and under. The speedy b is my most used bag. I do love the classic speedy though. I still use the regular speedy occasionally. I prefer the look of the regular speedy, but the speedy b is so functional.

B all the way (non-Mom, but chronic überschlepper, LOL) - you can use it with or without the strap, and you can use the strap (which would cost you 205 Euro if bought as standalone) for an Alma, a Pochette or lots of other bags as well!

Classic speedy for sure! It is a must have! You will have it for many years to come and it will never go out of style. I grew up watching my step mom carry a speedy 30 everyday and ever since I have loved that bag! We still have it, more than 25 years later! Since you already have a speedy B....

I have both, the speedy B and the classic speedy. Since you are a mom, I vote for speedy B; however, since you already have one, why not get the original speedy?
I advise you to buy it before the price increase, the speedy is such a classic iconic piece.

I just saw the speedy b at the store yesterday and i did not like the mismatched hardware of the bag.It looked cheap and fake.It might be more useful because of its versatility but for me aesthetic is also important for such an expensive bag.So regular speedy is my choice.

Lol, so you get 50% 50% from each side, that doesn't really help, does it?! I used to have that struggle, so does everybody else, a lot of people raised this question here on the form, the discussion will never end, that's why you see some woman own 10+ Speedys!!! Because it's such a wonderful bag, I'm obsessed with it. I will say....the more the merrier~lol

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

Of those two I'd say to get Speedy B since you're a mom. BUT I'm going to throw my 2 cents in and say, maybe consider a different bag in the mono print since you already have a Speedy b. Maybe something like a Delightful? I think that would be a great bag for you as a mom.