Speedy or Palmero? Can't decide!!!

Princess Pink

Oct 3, 2007
Looking for an everyday bag and have finally narrowed it down to either the Speedy 30 or the Palmero PM......can I have some advice? If you any of you guys have a Palmero, how is it? Size wise is it ok?

For the Speedy: its a classic!
Against the Speedy: hate the sag and everyone seems to have one.

For the Palmero: its different (well, slightly ;), still a LV I guess but don't see that many around), I don't like the strap and would remove it immediately.....
Against the Palmero: Is it a classic? And would I wish for a Speedy?

I really like/love the Damier Azur Speedy but are secretly hanging out for a Damier Azur Neverful....if that day ever comes.....

Advice appreciated! :tup:

I have the Palermo and am very happy with it.

*Aside from the cel phone pocket it has 3 other handy pockets (the one beside the cel phone pocket measures 8 x 4.75 inches, on the other side are two identical pockets measuring 5 x 5.5 inches).
* I like that I can put a magazine inside and it's big enough not to cause the magazine to curl up.
* Even with the zipper open, it's easy to see everything inside and get stuff out with the wider opening.
* The long strap is still a plus when you need your hands free, though I think you are really looking for a handheld bag. I can slip the bag handles on my shoulder though (am petite).

The Speedy however is really A classic, so the compromise is you see a lot around since it has been here for decades. You can always put something at the bottom to prevent the sag if you don't like it. And as you can see, a lot of tPF'ers here love their speedies.

Check them both out in the store if you can and see what feels right.

Good luck!

I have the Palermo, and I'm not in love with it.

I'm already trying to get rid of it. Speedy's are WAY better. Even though the Palermo size is great, you can never go wrong with a Speedy.

Any LV is awesome, though!!

Good luck.

I don't have the Palermo but I like the style. I like bags that can be carried different ways. Since you're not crazy about the shoulder strap, then I'd just go with the Speedy. If you don't like the sag, you could always get a Speedy shaper that some tPFr's talk about. I personally like a little bit of sag on my Speedy's. And actually after it's filled with my stuff, it does not sag that bad.

Thanks for your replies! I'm curious Erica, from your experience, why don't you like the Palermo?

You know, I don't know what it is. I saw it at LV and had to have it. But when I started using it, it just wasn't that comfy because of it's round bottom. Well, not comfy during the shoulder strap use. Then since it's such a large, good size, I would fill it up, and it got HEAVY. Really heavy for my arm (without straps) plus heavy w/ the arm strap on.

The pleats on the bag are real nice, though. Also, another weird thing is that the zipper was never straight. It was real wavy and ugly. LV said that was normal. I just didn't like how the zipper looked all wiggly.

The style is ok, but I fell out of love with it really quick. You can never go wrong with a speedy. But I can understand the want of a different style bag since everyone has speedy's these days. I say if you really like it, get it!

I saw the Palmero GM and loved it! So I would go for the Speedy 30, but it seems the sag factor is concerning you, you can find solutions for that. As for the Speedy being seen anywhere, well you said it youself 'it's a classic'. So you are bound to see it around!

I vote Palermo. I love my Speedy and am planning to get another, but I like the hands free option with The Palermo (GM especially). My next bag is the Palermo...then Neo Cabby...then Epi Alma....then Mini Lin Speedy....etc.:sneaky: