speedy on travels, in big cities?

Apr 26, 2009
Hi everybody! I need some information on how you use your speedy when heading off somewhere! Please help me by telling me your experiences with speedy on travel.
Next week I plan to visit London and wanted to bring my mc speedy. I love the bag. As a person that prefers handheld bags, I find it is a comfortable bag. I worry on being dis-comfortable with my speedy, since my situation won't be just "usual", but rather "unusual", and in a bigger city with lots of visits...
My worries are on pickpockets and people who could steal my bag/agress me. Did it already happen to anyone of you? So I think of bringing a discrete cross-body black bag, worry-less for sightseeing and not showing any brand.
Thanks for every reply!

bakacb

Feb 9, 2009
i travelled to hong kong from canada with my azur speedy. it's awesome! especially for such a croweded place.. it's nice to have a zipper. definitely think it's okay to travel with a speedy!

i also recently travelled to paris and used my estrela. the estrela is good because 1) it zips 2) it's a low-hanging shoulder bag... i dont like to wear it cross body.
you have your hands free for a latte in one hand and your carry on luggage in another.

both are okay to travel with ! :smile:

Iduna

Apr 9, 2010
Germany
i was in berlin with my speedy and it was much more comfy than my neverfull in paris. with the neverfull it felt a bit bulky in crowded places and I was always bumping into someone. furthermore your shoulder hurts after a while...

lets say you will have more control over your speedy:P and I think handhelds are safer than shoulder bags in general...

Apr 26, 2009
Wow! thanks for your answers! I think I will definitely bring my speedy next week! It looks good with every outfit and I agree on big bags being bulky and how much shoulders can hurt after long sightseeing days! Thanks for your advises!!
i was in berlin with my speedy and it was much more comfy than my neverfull in paris. with the neverfull it felt a bit bulky in crowded places and I was always bumping into someone. furthermore your shoulder hurts after a while...

lets say you will have more control over your speedy:P and I think handhelds are safer than shoulder bags in general...
Hi everybody! I need some information on how you use your speedy when heading off somewhere! Please help me by telling me your experiences with speedy on travel.
Next week I plan to visit London and wanted to bring my mc speedy. I love the bag. As a person that prefers handheld bags, I find it is a comfortable bag. I worry on being dis-comfortable with my speedy, since my situation won't be just "usual", but rather "unusual", and in a bigger city with lots of visits...
My worries are on pickpockets and people who could steal my bag/agress me. Did it already happen to anyone of you? So I think of bringing a discrete cross-body black bag, worry-less for sightseeing and not showing any brand.
Thanks for every reply!

sgj99

O.G.
Jun 17, 2008
Houston/Galveston
i think your Speedy will be great, it's light-weight and easier to adjust in big crowds. just keep it zipped up and you should be fine. happy travels!

piglett

live. love. life.
Jul 22, 2011
Australia
i love bringing my speedy with me when i travel as it holds ALOT! as in make up bag, travel documents, things for the plane etc etc. so yes i defintely recommend you bring it along!!!

have fun on your trip!! :yes:

Missh88

O.G.
Apr 17, 2010
London
I don't know how suitable mc speedy is for the weather we're currently experiencing in London! It's been really wet recently - wouldn't want you to ruin your beautiful bag! If you really want to use it then I'd bring another bag just in case! Hope you enjoy your visit - have you been before? You're coming at a great time because all the sales are due to start - and if you're coming from outside the EU it's tax free, win!

Lushie

Sep 16, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Seems like I'm in the minority...I never, ever bring my Speedy while travelling, or any handheld bag for that matter. If I can't wear it on my shoulder or cross-body, then it stays home.

I just can't imagine lugging around a handheld bag the entire time especially after a long day of sightseeing, it would be too tiring!

csshopper

O.G.
Jul 26, 2008
Have the best of both worlds and get a Speedy Bandoliere: hand held, shoulder, cross body. I always travel with mine and find it suits all my needs.

Dec 19, 2008
A MC speedy seems really heavy to be carrying around when I'm travelling.. also, I'd feel like I'd want to have my hands free most of the time. I think it's better to bring a bag which has a longer strap for shoulder carry too.

mcg3897

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I normally take two bag with me when I travel...at least one of them needs to be a shoulder bag and one has to be able to withstand bad weather just in case. I was in NYC and it started to rain....I was in a panic to find an umbrella to keep my new courtney dry!!!! After we went back to the hotel, I switched my bag out.

yy_bubu

Nov 9, 2009
Seoul, South Korea
i don't bring my MC speedy overseas as it's heavier than regular speedy due to its hardware. I always bring my Neverful GM and Evora overseas so that it's easier to carry other things (esp shopping bags) :tup:

Kimm992

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Toronto, Canada
I never bring my Speedy when I travel...I just don't find it very practical to carry a handheld bag while traveling.

I brought my Speedy 30 once on a trip and by the end of the trip my arm was SO sore from carrying that bag around all day every day.

I much prefer a shoulder bag for travel!

Dec 11, 2006
NYC
I too find it tiring to carry a handheld bag all day on vacation. I tend to carry more like at least my wallet, camera, sunglasses, some toiletries, maybe some printouts with info on places I want to visit, and maybe a few souvenirs I picked up during the day. :graucho: Remember too that the MC speedy is heavy even empty! But I do think it's a beautiful bag. :P

Oh btw I'm going to London too next week! Will be there for New Years! I think I will pick up the Aube Lumi!