Speedy Monogram or speedy damier?

Munchkyn

I LOVE Penguins
O.G.
Oct 28, 2005
So girls! There has been so much talk about the speedy I hate to even ask another question about this. I have read a lot about each on this forum but I want to start a thread that kind of puts it together.

Like many others, this will be my first LV purchase and I love the speedy. Right now, I am thinking I want the 25 but I can't decide between the classic monogram or wait for the damier to become part of the permanent line. Can you guys help me out?:biggrin: i appreciate it so much

Get both :lol: Hmm, that is a tough decision, since the Damier speedy is :love: and the monogram is also lovely and classic. I personally think that the Damier canvas is a little more dressy. My papillon goes better with my more business/dressy work clothes, rather than my casual outfits. Hope that made sense :biggrin:

i vote for the damier. i don't think i would ever get a monogram lv because i don't want to deal with the vachetta and i believe the damier line is weatherproof. also, in my opinion, the damier is classier

Cristina said:
Get both :lol: Hmm, that is a tough decision, since the Damier speedy is :love: and the monogram is also lovely and classic. I personally think that the Damier canvas is a little more dressy. My papillon goes better with my more business/dressy work clothes, rather than my casual outfits. Hope that made sense :biggrin:

i wear my damier with everything...it's like my everyday bag since i got it, i haven't even pulled out the 30 since christmas...i wouldn't wear my damier w/sweats, like i'd wear the speedy, but the damier looks good w/jeans and boots. i agree w/cristina, get both!

I'd probably get a damier if it'd be the only speedy to get, but the damier line also has many shapes that are far more interesting, such as the ribera which I find much cuter than the speedy.

I don't think I'll ever get the Monogram Speedy just because they're all over the place but I don't want to say never. :amuse: I am waiting for the Damier Speedy very impatiently and I think the Damier line goes great with work clothes versus the monogram line.

Thanks for your suggestions so far. I am torn because I want one that will work both for work and just casual outtings. Sometimes I look and see that the mono would fit both but others the damier. I am a t-shirt/jeans kinda girl and wear more formal clothes to work only.

ayla said:
I'd probably get a damier if it'd be the only speedy to get, but the damier line also has many shapes that are far more interesting, such as the ribera which I find much cuter than the speedy.

I am biased...I have the ribera:love: I love it! It's a tough choice--I want the Mono speedy for travel, an epi speedy in red, I'd love a wardrobe of speedies...If only I won the lotto!!:amuse:

Personally I would go with the Damier Speedy. If you want to make a statement. I think that the pattern is so different and so noticable. It is probably fine if you make jeans a complement, but it may not match sweats, juse as blackbutterfly said. But I also agree with Ayla that there are other style in Damier that I rather buy.

In the other hand Monogram Speedy is far too common.

If you want to go with casual, laid back style you should get the Monogram.

And then again, I'd like to own the Multicolore..