Speedy love hate relationship....

My and you are thisclose. I was actually taking pictures of my Speedy 25 today to sell it and when I finished I was in love with the bag all over again. It has a gorgeous patina.

I completely understand how you feel. I used to be a shoulder bag girl but right now I am so in love with my red epi speedy!

A speedy will never go out of fashion so if you need a break just put it away for a few weeks. You'll be in love with her again soon!

I did contemplate selling my Speedy... because of the hand held factor. I suddenly very much preferred tote bags.

But the bf said even if I sold it now, I'd probably buy it again, maybe not immediately, maybe in about 5 years. He said first of all it's my first LV, and it's a classic iconic bag, and it's beautiful so why sell it? Plus, it's totally not worth selling (price-wise) because if you end up repurchasing it, you end up paying more (bearing in mind that you already owned this bag before and you lose money selling it, plus the price hike that LV imposes every so often).

I think it made total sense.

Oh yes Isis,

I totally agree with you... :yes: I had a Speedy mono 30 a couple of years back. It was my first LV, but I didn't know how to care for and appreciate the patina (I was still in school then) and I thought it was a little too big for me, so I sold it off. :P But now, my speedy is my everyday, must-have, never-fail-me bag. I have it in damier (easier to care for), got a new red 25 a couple of days back and I don't think I am stopping. :yahoo: I really regret not getting the cerises one.

I am drooling over the rest - mono, azur, denim, mini lin even the miroir. I do want to get a white MC one when I have saved up enough. Compared to my Black MC Trouville, the speedy is more spacious, I can throw heaps of things into it (it being a 25!) and it still looks classic, neat and elegant. I am not really into shoulder bags though I agree that it is more convenient to sling it up and go, they crease my clothes and when they are heavy, they even give me bruises on my shoulder blades.:wtf:

I am glad eveyone here shares the same love for our speedies.... it's really one classic bag that every girl/lady should have! (whatever colour you have it in). :love:

I am glad that you did not sell it. Imagine selling it and having to buy it all over again. I think it's best if you get tired of your bag, just put it away for a while and see what happens. You might either fall in love all over again,which you did, or really know that it's time to let the bag go.

I agree bagoholicvicky, my totes hurt my shoulders too!!! Which was the reason why I bought a handheld bag. And when I use a handheld bag, I wished I were carrying a tote.

Contradicting myself!!!!! Sometimes I need to reflect on the reasons why I did some things in order to stop myself from going in circles.

LOL Isis! :P Keke, I know what you mean. There are days when I use my shoulder bags just for convenience sake. I am happily slinging them up and thinking "Phew, lucky I got this bag today". Then when I get home and I see my bruises on my shoulder, I curse like crazy.....;)

My obsession for speedies is definitely not going away. I sold my mono 30 a couple of years back because I thought it was a little too big and cumbersome, but now that I have discovered the speedies in so many colours and design, it's hard to choose!

When I sell my bags (I have sold 3 to date - mono speedy 30, mono pap 26 and mini mono cherry kathleen), I make it a point not to regret the decision. :supacool: I keep telling myself that I had good reasons to sell them off then, and you know what, they are the perfect excuses for me to buy new bags, in new colours and designs. :yahoo: