Speedy Lock

speedygirl17

In LVoe :o)
Oct 30, 2012
Where does everyone keep their Speedy lock? Right now, it is on the flap of my bag...do most people keep it there, or is there a better place to keep it? I was just curious...:thinking:

I never took the lock off of where it is placed. I regret it the hole is stretched... The purse is about 7 years old but still makes me sad. When I purchase another speedy I will remove it now that I know.

Here is a picture of mine you can see where it has stretched all an all this bag has been through everything and has held up well.

Attachments

• 87889F1C-3D84-431B-80B4-BB8FA0BD4050-7907-000007AED9F4D1D7_zpsfa40cea5.jpg
    87889F1C-3D84-431B-80B4-BB8FA0BD4050-7907-000007AED9F4D1D7_zpsfa40cea5.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 629
Speedy is designed for the lock to be used on the end leaf of the bag - it's part of the allure of the Speedy. I've had locks on my Speedys for many, many years now -- no problems...

I keep my lock on the tag at the end. I have the Damier print and heard this doesn't stretch the leather on these, as the leather has been treated unlike the monogram.

I've had my speedy for about 9 months and pretty much use it every day. I put the lock on the leaf day one and it has not stretched one bit.....There have been no changes from the lock except a small dark spot on the inner circle where the lock lays but you cannot see it unless you are up close and lift up the lock..I love having it on my purse, kind of the appeal of carrying a speedy is having the lock show....

Like most things having to do with LV, this is a personal choice. I always thought that the lock was originally designed to lock the bag shut, because the Speedy was modeled after LV luggage. While I love the look of the lock in the outer leaf, I do NOT like the way that it stretches out the hole and makes the bag age prematurely. I did find that the DE stretched less than the mono, but it still stretched. I love the look of the locks, but can't stand the stretched holes! So my locks stay tucked away in my jewelry box!

Best thing is that you can try it both ways and decide which you prefer! Have fun deciding!! :biggrin: